Executive Assistant (Hybrid)
- The Supportive Housing Network of New York
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Membership, Other Fundraising, Programs, Managing Volunteers, Administrative, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Office Administration, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Advocacy, Community Foundations, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Supportive Housing Network of New York
The Supportive Housing Network of New York (the Network) represents more than 200 nonprofit organizations that have created over 55,000 units of supportive housing across New York State. The Network uses advocacy, public education, training, technical assistance, research, and policy analysis to increase the public's understanding of supportive housing – affordable housing with voluntary services for formerly homeless people with disabilities and special needs. The Network identifies and shares best practices that continually improve the model’s effectiveness and, most importantly, encourages the creation of enough supportive housing to end homelessness among the most vulnerable New Yorkers. Currently, our members are adding thousands of units of supportive housing per year under two historic initiatives: the State’s Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI), creating 20,000 units, and the City’s NYC 15/15, creating 15,000 units, both over fifteen years.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time, hybrid position based in New York City. The person in this role is required to work in the NYC office twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer. This is an entry-level position supporting the Network’s executive, administrative and events functions, with room to take on more responsibilities in the future if desired.
- Assist in drafting materials for Executive Director’s speaking engagements.
- Coordinate with Executive Director on board nomination process.
- Coordinate board meetings, keeping track of minutes, preparing documents, catering, etc.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and CFAO on board communications and documents.
- Create staff lobbying reports and track Executive Director’s lobbying hours.
- Manages office’s shared calendar, as well as calendar and meeting schedule for Executive Director.
- Maintain filing of board documents for annual audit.
- Assists Executive Director with other executive items as they may arise.
- Supports the Network’s DEIA initiative.
- Provides administrative support for Racial Equity in Supportive Housing workgroup.
- Supports city policy team with outreach to city council members and scheduling meetings/tours.
- Maintains and updates stakeholder contact information in the database.
- Opens and distributes mail, scanning, logging and filing all checks received.
- Coordinates travel, lodging and registrations for all Network staff members.
- Coordinates office events and special occasions including lunches, dinners, staff birthdays & anniversaries, retreats, etc.
- Maintains Network Housing Guide and responds to housing calls, routing to appropriate agency for assistance.
- Responsible for overall office maintenance and appearance, liaising with building staff on repairs and maintenance needs.
- Takes inventory of office supplies and places orders with vendors.
- Assists CFAO with other administrative items as they arise.
- Provides administrative and logistical support around workshops, trainings, mixers and major Network events including the Conference, Gala, Annual Meeting and Lobby Day.
- Assists in the coordination of panel workshops for the Annual Conference including researching and meeting with panelists, drafting panel discussion topics, scheduling planning sessions and authoring relevant titles and descriptions.
- Support ticket outreach and manage follow up on attendee names for all events.
- Manage the government comp registration process for the Annual Conference and Gala.
- Support Gala fundraising committee, including scheduling monthly meetings and preparing documents.
- Supports staff with the creation and set up of all event supplies.
- Supports staff with management of registration tables on the day of all Network events.
- Assists staff with other event items as they arise.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role providing administrative support to a busy team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with several individuals simultaneously.
- Supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation and respect.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong coordination and follow-up skills.
- No task too small attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $50,000.00
- 100% employer covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous PTO & winter holiday office closure
- Office closes at 1pm on Fridays
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Network is an equal opportunity employer. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, gender, sex, genetics, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, political or union affiliation, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, recall and termination.
The Network is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have as an organization. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and unique talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievements as well.
Apply for Executive Assistant (Hybrid)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert