Executive Director of Development for WFUV
- Fordham University
- New York, United States
- $170,000.00 - $195,500.00
- Closing date
- Apr 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Academic Centers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Executive Director of Development for WFUV
Development – WFUV, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Executive Director of Development (EDOD) for WFUV leads a team of fundraising professionals responsible for securing gifts in support of the University’s nationally recognized member-supported public radio station and other important university priorities.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement pursuant to University’s Hybrid/Remote Work Policy. Please review the policy here: https://www.fordham.edu/human-resources/policies-guides-and-agreements/hybridremote-work-policy-for-administrators/
- Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice President of Development and University Relations, the EDOD leads a team of professionals responsible for securing annual gifts, leadership annual gifts, and major gifts totaling between $4.5 million and $5 million per year.
- Solicits advisory board members and other major gift prospects and develops and executes campaign strategy for the station’s capital and endowment needs.
- Supervises the membership (4 FTE) and special events (2 FTE) teams responsible for securing annual operating support and is a member of WFUV’s senior management team and DAUR’s development leadership team.
- All members of DAUR are expected to assist the alumni relations and special events teams during Jubilee, Fordham Founder’s Dinner, and similar “all hands” events as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional fundraising experience, including demonstrated success at raising major gifts by developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation plans for gifts of $25,000 and above.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective solicitations, proposals, acknowledgements, case for support documents, and donor communications.
- Experience in successfully leading teams. Demonstrated interpersonal and team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, donors, volunteers, advisory board members, trustees and senior university officials, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collaboration, professionalism, and discretion.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience in fundraising for public radio and/or cultural organizations.
Minimum Starting Salary: $170,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $195,500
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4710
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert