National Director, Leadership Giving (Northeast US Region) Remote
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising
- Academic Centers, Advocacy, Community Foundations, Health, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Research, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Pancreatic cancer doesn’t stop or slow down, and neither do we. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN), we accelerate critical progress for pancreatic cancer patients. We take bold action by funding life-saving research, providing personalized patient services free of charge, and creating a community of supporters and volunteers who will stop at nothing to create a world in which all pancreatic cancer patients thrive.
PanCAN’s Precision Promise(SM) is one example of how we work to change the future for pancreatic cancer patients. Precision Promise(SM) is our groundbreaking clinical trial platform that is now enrolling patients at top institutions nationwide. Precision Promise(SM) is what the pancreatic cancer field and our patient community have been waiting for, hailed for its ability to transform the way clinical research is done for this disease.
We’re looking for people who, like us, will stop at nothing to make progress for patients. Our work is critical and meaningful, and it changes lives every day. Join us and be a part of it!
THE OFFER: To support the people fighting the world’s toughest cancer, we provide our staff with the resources, care, and sparkle to do and be their best in and out of the office. We offer competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, exceptional time off, and health and welfare benefits creating an extraordinary workplace, total rewards package, and culture that our team members highly recommend to friends and colleagues.
We’re looking for people who, like us, will stop at nothing to make progress for patients. Our work is critical and meaningful, and it changes lives every day. Join us, be a part of it, and work remotely from anywhere!
Reporting to the Vice President of Leadership Giving, the National Director of Leadership Giving will lead all major gifts fundraising in their assigned U.S. region. The position is a remote position for the Northeast Region and requires a deep understanding of the philanthropic landscape and community in the assigned region. The National Director will be expected to build and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects with the potential to make six-figure and seven-figure gifts to support research, clinical initiatives, patient services, advocacy efforts and other key priorities. The National Director of Leadership Giving will bring an accomplished track record of establishing and growing major giving programs and will contribute to PanCAN’s overall goal to increase the organization’s annual revenue to $80M.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic cultivation plan that will generate major gifts from high-level, sophisticated donors and prospects within the assigned region.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects that meet and exceed all activity metrics and revenue goals.
- Build a strong portfolio of new donors and prospects that generates six-figure gifts from a wide range of sources.
- Build and maintain a strong portfolio of 100-125 current and new donors and prospects, utilizing senior PanCAN executives, board members, and volunteers as natural partners in cultivating and soliciting gifts.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with the development and community engagement teams.
- Cultivate planned giving relationships that create a pipeline of new and existing donors as part of the Micki Love Society, PanCAN’s legacy giving program.
- Act as principal donor strategist for each prospect in the portfolio with specific responsibility to develop a written donor strategy and relationship record of all interactions.
Within the first 12 to 18 months, the National Director of Leadership Giving will achieve the following major objectives:
- Generate from the portfolio at least three to five major gifts at the six-figure level, with a goal of raising at least $2 to $3 million annually within the next three years.
- Build a broad base of support for long-term sustainable revenues through PanCAN’s medical and scientific leadership.
- Work closely with the Development, Community Engagement, and PanCAN Patient Services teams to develop successful donor partnerships with patients and families.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A deep, passionate commitment to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- A minimum of five to seven years of successful fundraising (major gift) experience in managing high-level donor and prospect relationships with a proven record of soliciting major gifts at the six-figure level or seven-figure level. Experience with major gifts in a healthcare environment would be an advantage.
- A proactive, transparent leader with the maturity, discipline, and drive to build new and existing donor and prospect relationships.
- A strong listener with the tact and sensitivity to engage well with a diverse range of donors, volunteers, patients, and families.
- Capacity to acquire an understanding of pancreatic cancer, as well as issues regarding biomedical research, clinical studies, and patient services.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills that convey trust, flexibility, and integrity with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both in writing and orally; listen as well as give advice; and respect the ability of others.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills with a persuasive ability to generate support on behalf of PanCAN.
- Ability to partner closely with senior leaders across the organization, including the CEO and executive leadership.
- Experience working effectively and respectfully as part of a committed, integrated Development team.
- Strong research, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and an ability to effectively screen prospective donors from information provided by PanCAN leaders and volunteers.
- High degree of technological proficiency with top fundraising software such as The Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to travel for donor visits and attend activities as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college is required.
SALARY RANGE: ($140-185k) PanCAN is committed to providing fair and transparent employee pay. Our compensation policy and practices integrate years of relative experience, skills, job duties, functions, responsibilities, education, certifications, expertise, PanCAN seniority, position/title, department, market conditions, and merit, and may also include geographic location. Our base salaries range from Entry level to Experienced and max at Expert level. The base pay range included herein is specific and germane to the job/position/opening as described within this announcement.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the organization’s mission and goals by exhibiting the following core values: Deliver Excellence, Service & Gratitude, Accountability, Team, and Sparkle Spirit! Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Note: A cover letter is required with your resume
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert