Development Officer, Donor Engagement and Major
RWJ New Brunswick
New Brunswick, NJ
Full Time, Days
The Development Officer - Donor Engagement and Major Gifts
will support, plan and implement strategies to grow
fundraising efforts in support of RWJ University Hospital and its
mission through development and oversight of robust volunteer and
donor engagement opportunities and management of a portfolio of 25
plus annual to mid-level major donors. Position is also responsible
for overseeing the RWJUH Annual Golf Classic, donor cultivation
events, and third-party events.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual to
mid-level major donors and prospects. Plan and execute engagement
- Responsible for the development and implementation of
leadership committees such as a Young Leaders group, Women's
Leadership Group, Business Leadership Group, and others.
- Serves as liaison and point of contact for volunteer and
donor/prospect group activities and events.
- Working with the major gifts team, engages existing donors and
new prospects to enhance donor and prospect experience.
- Responsible for planning and execution for fundraising events,
third-party events, and donor cultivation events.
- Working with VP and DOD, develops strategic sponsorship
opportunities for Annual Golf Classic event, assists with
communications to golf committee, solicits vendors and other
supporters for sponsorship.
- Works with the Development Coordinator on logistical
implementation of the event.
- Working with the VP, Major Gifts team and DOD, oversees donor
cultivation events and third-party fundraising events, in
collaboration with the Development Coordinator.
- Ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in
healthcare or university development with experience as a
relationship builder, volunteer manager, and with
- Event planning experience required.
- Demonstrated comfort level with engaging with high net worth
- Track record of individual fundraising and solicitation.
- Preference for experience in Alumni and/or Donor
- Integrity, creativity, energy, and independence; a collegial,
understanding work style that values team members and institutional
- Ability to navigate complex organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong
interpersonal relationship skills, sense of humor and
- Strong Computer Skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suite, CRMs like RE/NXT, and fundraising platforms such as
- Flexibility to work early mornings, nights and weekends as
To learn more and apply, please visit:
About Robert Wood Johnson University
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) New Brunswick,
an RWJBarnabas Health Facility, is a 600-bed academic medical
center that serves as the principal teaching hospital of Rutgers
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and the flagship Cancer Hospital
of Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Its Centers of
Excellence include cardiovascular care from minimally invasive
heart surgery to transplantation, cancer care, stroke care,
neuroscience, orthopedics, bariatric surgery and women’s and
children’s care including The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s
Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. A Level 1
Trauma Center and the first designated Pediatric Trauma Center in
the state, RWJUH’s New Brunswick campus serves as a national
resource in its ground-breaking approaches to emergency
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer