The Benedictine Schools of Richmond (Benedictine College
Preparatory and Saint Gertrude High School) seeks a Director of
Scholarship Giving to cultivate and garner support for
scholarship/financial aid with an emphasis on the Endowed
Scholarship Fund. Sources of gifts include the Annual Giving
Program, Parater Day of Giving, and major gifts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in annual advancement planning and provide funding
and management objectives.
- Plan, implement, and supervise the Annual Funds and Day of
Giving; meet annual fundraising targets.
- Manage all activities related to annual and endowed
- Draft stewardship letters and solicitation appeals; conduct
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer committees for each
initiative. Maintain clear and effective communications and
collaboration with volunteers to improve synergy and understanding
of BSoR’s priorities and activities.
- Create appeal plan/calendar, volunteer job descriptions, and
table of required gifts.
- Work closely with Database Administrator to ensure that
volunteers have the information they need to complete their
- Partner with internal staff to create communication strategies,
solicitations, emails, websites, and other collateral for endowment
- Analyze fundraising results and conduct research to identify
individual donors in order to increase donor response.
- Contribute interest story ideas for the Schools’ annual
periodicals, emphasizing their impact on strategic advancement
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from
individuals, corporations, and foundations and in developing
relationships with donors.
- Experience with fundraising and data management systems;
Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable.
- Experience with moves management including, but not limited to,
prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and
- Excellent volunteer management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of
organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and
to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- An appreciation of the Schools' unique missions.
To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed
application to the Human Resources Manager, Jaime Harmeyer at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Our application can be found on