Director of Scholarship Giving
- Benedictine Schools of Richmond
- Virginia, United States
- $60,000.00 - $70,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund
- Education, Religion, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Benedictine Schools of Richmond (Benedictine College Preparatory and Saint Gertrude High School) seeks a Director of Scholarship Giving to cultivate and garner support for scholarship/financial aid with an emphasis on the Endowed Scholarship Fund. Sources of gifts include the Annual Giving Program, Parater Day of Giving, and major gifts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in annual advancement planning and provide funding and management objectives.
- Plan, implement, and supervise the Annual Funds and Day of Giving; meet annual fundraising targets.
- Manage all activities related to annual and endowed scholarships.
- Draft stewardship letters and solicitation appeals; conduct gift requests.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer committees for each initiative. Maintain clear and effective communications and collaboration with volunteers to improve synergy and understanding of BSoR’s priorities and activities.
- Create appeal plan/calendar, volunteer job descriptions, and table of required gifts.
- Work closely with Database Administrator to ensure that volunteers have the information they need to complete their solicitation assignments.
- Partner with internal staff to create communication strategies, solicitations, emails, websites, and other collateral for endowment giving programs.
- Analyze fundraising results and conduct research to identify individual donors in order to increase donor response.
- Contribute interest story ideas for the Schools’ annual periodicals, emphasizing their impact on strategic advancement goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations and in developing relationships with donors.
- Experience with fundraising and data management systems; Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable.
- Experience with moves management including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Excellent volunteer management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- An appreciation of the Schools' unique missions.
To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed application to the Human Resources Manager, Jaime Harmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our application can be found on our website: https://www.benedictineschools.org/about/employment-opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert