Director of Alumni
- Benedictine Schools of Richmond
- Virginia, United States
- $70,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs
- Education, Religion, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Benedictine Schools of Richmond (Benedictine College Preparatory and Saint Gertrude High School) seeks a Director of Alumni to develop and nurture the relationship between alumni and their alma maters to enhance mission, community, and philanthropic support.
Primary responsibilities include:
Leadership and Volunteerism
- Engage alumni in the life of the Schools through consistent and positive communication using electronic, print, and social media, exceptional customer service, and meaningful opportunities for volunteerism.
- Formalize the training of the Class Representatives by hosting a meeting at the School each year. Create volunteer job descriptions.
- Provide guidance and support to the Alumni/nae Boards to ensure their effectiveness.
- Recruit, train, and manage Class Representative volunteers. Maintain clear and effective communications and collaboration with volunteers to improve synergy and understanding of BSoR’s priorities and activities.
- Develop a standardized alumni communication process for Class Representatives to follow.
- Manage Class Notes section of Towers Magazine. Contribute interest story ideas for the Schools’ annual periodicals, emphasizing their impact on strategic advancement goals.
- Plan, execute, and attend all alumni cultivation and reunion events (including out of town).
- Lead campus tours for visitors.
- Conduct gift requests.
- Develop a creative and dynamic Young Alumni program that focuses on engaging young alumni with the Schools. Part of this program will focus on getting young alumni to give to the Schools.
- Coordinate projects for the departing senior class to build life-long connections and facilitate continued engagement and support for the Schools.
- Coordinate with advancement staff to identify prospects, solicit Annual Fund gifts, and create a strategic Reunion Gift Program.
- Work with the class representatives of strategic reunion years to synergize Homecoming activities, and other class gatherings, to support the Reunion Gift Program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent volunteer management skills.
- Excellent special event planning and facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the ability to interact with diverse constituencies. Understanding of the importance of customer service.
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations and in developing relationships with donors.
- High degree of comfort with technology, including social media platforms, and willingness to learn the functionality of new platforms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including comfort level with public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, in conjunction with comfort level of working in fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects.
- Knowledge of constituent databases; Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable.
- An appreciation of the Schools’ unique missions.
To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed application the Human Resources Manager, Jaime Harmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our application can be found on our website: https://www.benedictineschools.org/about/employment-opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert