Director of Philanthropy
- Center for Responsible Lending
- North Carolina, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Philanthropic Advisors, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
WHO We Are:
The Center for Responsible Lending (CRL) is a nonprofit, non-partisan organization working to ensure a fair, inclusive financial marketplace that creates opportunities for all. Through research, legal analysis, policy development, and state and national advocacy engagement. CRL fights for economic equity for underserved communities—particularly Black and brown communities and low-to-middle income families.
WHAT You'll Do:
- Provide strategic leadership and insight into philanthropy opportunities and threats and help prioritize workplans.
- Lead the establishment and implementation of development plans including foundation giving, major individual gifts, endowment growth, and corporate giving
- Write and/or manage the writing of proposals, reports, and other solicitations or stewardship communications to funders.
- Supervise philanthropy staff. Set individual employee goals and provide routine feedback and evaluation of progress toward these goals.
WHAT You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable equivalent experience plus 5 to 7 years development experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law, families of modest means and communities of color.
- Strong supervisory and team-building skills and experience and ability to work productively with peer leaders.
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate programmatic and organizational budgets and financial statements.
Competitive nonprofit compensation, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
A cover letter and resume must be uploaded with the application for this position.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert