WHO We Are:
The Center for Responsible Lending (CRL) is a nonprofit,
non-partisan organization working to ensure a fair, inclusive
financial marketplace that creates opportunities for all. Through
research, legal analysis, policy development, and state and
national advocacy engagement. CRL fights for economic equity for
underserved communities—particularly Black and brown communities
and low-to-middle income families.
WHAT You'll Do:
- Provide strategic leadership and insight into philanthropy
opportunities and threats and help prioritize workplans.
- Lead the establishment and implementation of development plans
including foundation giving, major individual gifts, endowment
growth, and corporate giving
- Write and/or manage the writing of proposals, reports, and
other solicitations or stewardship communications to funders.
- Supervise philanthropy staff. Set individual employee goals and
provide routine feedback and evaluation of progress toward these
WHAT You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable equivalent experience plus 5 to
7 years development experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law, families of
modest means and communities of color.
- Strong supervisory and team-building skills and experience and
ability to work productively with peer leaders.
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate programmatic
and organizational budgets and financial statements.
Competitive nonprofit compensation, based on experience, plus a
generous benefits package.
A cover letter and resume must be uploaded with the application
for this position.