VP of Advancement
- Pinellas Education Foundation
- Florida, United States
- $110,000.00 - $125,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Membership, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- Education, Other Fields, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: VP of
Reports To: CEO
Salary Status: Exempt
About us: The Pinellas Education Foundation is dedicated to accelerating achievement for all students through the effective mobilization of resources, relationships and innovation. The Foundation has been in existence for more than 36 years and regularly achieves national recognition as a leading education foundation in the country. Some of our signature programs include Enterprise Village and Finance Park and Take Stock in Children, which are all initiatives that got their start in Pinellas County Schools and expanded through partnerships to statewide and international impact. Pivotal to our success is our commitment to equity, collaboration, and innovation. It is through the combination of a commitment to our vision and mission, an effective board, strong staff, and key community partners that the Foundation continues to thrive and maintain high levels of success.
Job Description: The Vice President of
Advancement at the Pinellas Education Foundation demonstrates and
reflects an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core
values of the Foundation. She/he is responsible for designing and
implementing comprehensive advancement programs and recruiting and
developing talented team members focused toward the ultimate goal
of significantly increasing constituent involvement and fundraising
outcomes. The advancement function includes responsibility for
annual fund, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and
gift planning, endowment and campaign initiatives, stewardship and
advancement services. The Vice President of Advancement serves on
the senior administrative team of the Foundation, directly
supervises three people and manages a five-member team.
Leadership & Management:
- Advance the mission, vision, and goals of the Foundation in concert with the CEO and as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Serve as an exemplary public school and Foundation advocate with business and corporate partners; build relationships that closely link the community to the Foundation.
- Perform as a member of the CEO’s Senior Team and provide thoughtful, supportive, strategic and innovative leadership with other administrative colleagues.
- Hire, train, inspire, supervise, coach and guide direct reports and the entire advancement team, including volunteers, toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes.
- Lead the advancement team in the development of annual plans and budgets for annual fund, major gifts, gift planning, events, corporate and foundation relations, stewardship and advancement services.
- Maintain and develop policies and procedures for effective, ethical operation of the Advancement Office.
- Support the CEO and the Board in all phases of her advancement and fundraising activities.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the Board, development committee and all key leadership volunteers and support the CEO in inspiring increased engagement from all key volunteer constituencies.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with district leaders and staff whose cooperation is essential to effective outreach and fundraising.
- Maintain a dynamic portfolio of high net worth individuals and secure major, capital, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts and endowment support. Improve, integrate and execute best practice moves management and prospect strategy functions.
- Build a comprehensive strategy for increasing support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Collaborate with the communication’s team to devise donor communications and collateral materials.
- Formulate and administer the annual budget for the Advancement Office.
- Oversight of the Raiser’s Edge database to track all activities with donors and organizations.
- When needed, represent the Foundation in the community, along with the CEO, as a principal Foundation spokesperson.
- All other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Educational/Experience: A bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of ten years of experience as a senior level advancement professional is a requisite, including successful experience developing integrated fundraising programs, strategic planning and volunteer engagement initiatives. Experience working in a public education institution, while not required, will be valued.
Skills: Strong organizational, supervisory, team building and leadership skills are essential. Exemplary interpersonal skills and writing skills are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated donors, volunteers and academic leaders. Competence in standard MS Office programs and Raiser’s Edge essential.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Interested applicants may email email@example.com a cover letter and resume. Please include the words, “VP of Advancement” in the subject line. No phone calls will be accepted. The starting salary for this position is posted at $110,000 to $125,000.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert