Mobile Campaign Manager
- Oregon, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Apr 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Other Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Full-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
MoveOn is a people-powered force for progress. We wield independent political power by bringing millions together to take action to create a country with a place of honor and dignity for everyone—where all are welcome, we take care of one another, and where everyone is set up to thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been a bulwark against the radical right and has channeled millions of voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all. We've built political power for progressive change through mobilizing the left to Democrats so that we can advance our vision of an America for all.
MoveOn is the largest multi-issue digital first political campaigning organization in the country. We drive rapid-response campaigns at scale on a multitude of key issues at high-impact moments while building sustainable campaigns that resonate and grow over time. Whether its democracy, health care, foreign policy, economic justice, immigration or otherwise, MoveOn provides our members with timely ways to take action for change.
MoveOn’s Mobile team uses broadcast SMS, peer-to-peer texting, and other device-first tactics to engage MoveOn members in taking action on issues that matter to them, and in raising grassroots dollars to support that work. We work closely with MoveOn’s program teams on our campaigning, electoral, and organizing work. We also work within our Member Experience department to ensure that MoveOn members are having the best possible digital, multichannel experience.
MoveOn is seeking a Mobile Campaign Manager to drive our broadcast SMS program to meet campaigning, fundraising, and member experience goals.
The Mobile Campaign Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day of texting MoveOn members via our shortcode, driving learning across the organization about the power of mobile, and collaborating across teams to deliver impactful multi-channel digital experiences for MoveOn members.
- Augment the work of MoveOn’s Program teams with creative and original mobile engagement strategies and tactics, providing strategic advice on the design and execution of calling campaigns, keyword placements, interactive SMS engagements, and A/B testing and optimization
- Be the primary signoff for outgoing broadcast messages produced by others; support other staff on drafting, editing, and production; and periodically draft and produce mobile campaigns yourself
- Be an expert at using MoveOn’s broadcast SMS and calling tools, train and support staff in using these tools, and become familiar with MoveOn’s email, petitions, and event platforms
- Own growth and engagement objectives for the broadcast SMS program, and coordinate with staff across the organization to implement creative tactics across a range of mediums, including paid growth, that lead to consistent and sustainable growth
- Make data-driven assessments of mobile program health and impact, and propose and execute relevant tests to improve both
- Manage the outgoing messages schedule—ensuring alignment on audiences, timing, and segmentation—to satisfy campaigning, fundraising, and member experience goals
- Work directly with contractors, consultants, and vendors for creative support (e.g., graphics) and technical assistance (e.g., improving the integration and automation of our platforms, day-to-day tech support)
- Maintain documentation for Mobile team tools and processes, and produce periodic reporting
A successful candidate will ...
- Have digital campaigning experience, particularly using SMS and/or message bot interfaces
- Have multi-channel digital strategy experience, coordinating content and delivery with other mediums for maximum impact
- Manage relationships with colleagues on our Mobile, Product, Email Experience, Political, Campaigns, Organizing, Social, Analytics, and Tech teams in a collaborative setting to produce the best member experience possible
- Be familiar with and adhere carefully to compliance requirements in the SMS landscape
- Be nimble and organized to execute multiple campaigns simultaneously, and adjust when rapid response scenarios emerge
- Be self-directed, as you’ll be driving your own output in our virtual office
Required skills and experience
- 3 years or 2 election cycles managing a subscription SMS or message bot program
- Experience managing of a content calendar, including segmentation and resolving audience conflicts
- Experience producing mobile campaigns and training others to do so
- Ability to understand database schemas, and to modify or write basic SQL queries to gather or analyze data
- Attention to detail in writing, sending, and signing off broadcast communications
- Ability to parse and re-organize spreadsheets quickly using formulas in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or similar spreadsheet software
- Experience producing documentation - including project plans, reportbacks, and presentations on aspects of your work
- Commitment to applying anti-oppression frameworks—especially with regard to racial, gender, and economic injustice—to work you collaborate on
Nice to have:
- Weekend availability during peak election moments
- Proficiency in Upland Mobile Commons
Reports to: Mobile Innovation Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $106,634.15. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer a $1000 in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert