Government Grants Manager
- Aspire Public Schools
- California, United States
- $84,648.00 - $119,530.00
- Closing date
- Apr 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This position is remote within California ONLY
Aspire Public Schools operates a network of high-performing, college preparatory charter schools serving TK-12 scholars in communities across California. Founded in 1998—in an effort to transform the inequitable racial, social, and gender outcomes that our communities persist through—Aspire is one of the largest and most forward-thinking open-enrollment public charter school systems in the nation.
Our purpose is to prepare our scholars for success in college, career, and life. At Aspire, we set a foundation for our scholars to gain knowledge, skills, and power to access and make choices for their families and post-secondary lives. Every day, our community of students, families, teachers and staff comes together to learn, work, and play in an environment grounded in our values of Bienestar (Well-Being), Culture of Belonging, Community Partnership, Agency & Self-Determination, and Joy.
The Government Grants Manager is responsible for identifying and pursuing state and federal funding opportunities that will further the organization’s ability to support Aspire scholars across our schools in 3 regions. Owning Aspire’s state and federal grants, the manager is responsible for pursuing and obtaining government funding, all aspects of compliance and financial planning related to government grants administration, and ensuring proper stewardship of all government grants received by Aspire Public Schools.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare and submit grant proposals to government entities.
- Oversee financial and legal components of grant applications, including the development of budgets for grant submission.
- Identify and conduct research on prospective funding opportunities at the state and federal levels, with particular focus on opportunities presented by the California Department of Education and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Work with the Director of Development to develop annual strategies and projections to fulfill funding needs.
Grants Administration and Compliance:
- Review all grant agreements, documenting and communicating all deliverables, deadlines, and responsibilities to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure funds are spent in compliance with established administrative and financial policies and program guidelines for federal and non-federal grants.
- Ensure grant deliverables and deadlines are met in compliance with grant agreements, preparing narrative and financial reports for granting agencies within prescribed timelines.
- Provide technical oversight regarding grant applications, grant modifications, progress reports and budgets.
- Lead regular grant project status meetings with Home Office, Regional, and school-based teams to ensure grant deliverables are on-track and deadlines are met.
- Serve as primary liaison between Foundation and Finance teams to perform monthly reconciliations of grant funds received. Monthly monitoring of net asset schedule for restricted funds for all entities.
- Compile and manage excellent historical and prospective data to effectively prioritize work; utilize Salesforce for grant tracking.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, the Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements including antiracism, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Comfortable with utilization of technology in a remote environment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; highest priority is the ability to write clear, concise, structured, articulate proposals/reports.
- Excellent ability to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Strong MS Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Understanding of budgeting process, with the ability to create compelling narratives based on the organization’s financial data.
- Ability to provide timely and meaningful financial analysis in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong understanding of and experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Extremely detail oriented and dedicated to getting the job done accurately.
- Strong strategic thinking, organization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and process management skills, with a strong interest in and talent for working on teams.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience grant writing and reporting, with a proven track record of raising money from government sources at both state and federal levels.
- Experience working in the education field highly preferred.
In your cover letter, please address your experience with identifying state and federal grants, as well as experience with state and federal grant compliance and implementation
Aspire Public Schools is dedicated to our teammate's well-being! In addition to a competitive base salary that is benchmarked against local districts and charter schools, we offer employees exceptional benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Our salary schedule based on years of experience for this position type is reflected here:
Aspire Public Schools Government Grants Manager Payscale
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert