Marketing Research Senior Specialist
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Florida, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Apr 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Membership, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Programs, Community Outreach, Government Relations and Advocacy, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Accounting and Finance, Information Systems, Office Administration, Other Administrative, Sales and Marketing
- Advocacy, Community Development, Education, For-Profit Companies, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Public Broadcasting, Research, Social Services, Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we’re proud to offer benefits such as:
A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days’ work from home)
Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND family members
Competitive pay and performance incentives
A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Market Research Senior
Specialist serves as the subject matter expert within the Marketing
Analytics & Insights team, analyzing qualitative and
quantitative data to inform and influence strategic
decision-making. The Market Research Senior Specialist leverages
marketing research and platform data to gain a deep understanding
of the general market, WWP metrics, uncover trends, and drive
strategy behind key organization-wide growth initiatives across new
and existing programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the subject matter expert for qualitative and quantitative research data within with Insights & Analytics team.
- Collect and analyze market data, custom research projects, and research related to internal campaign focus areas.
- Collect, synthesize, and translate information from various sources into cohesive commentary on sampling and impact trends.
- Consolidate data and information into actionable items, reports, and presentations. Synthesize findings and prepare reports, presentations, and white papers that communicate the story. Illustrate data graphically and translate complex findings into written text and presentations.
- Investigate and evaluate marketing methods, insights, and various marketing channels to develop an innovative approach to strategies using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Synthesize analyses and key insights into clear, concise recommendations for operational decision-making in support of organizational priorities related to impact and outcome measurement.
- Author research reports, white papers, and presentations for both Programs and Donor support initiatives.
- Develop roadmaps for future research to identify gaps and drive growth.
- Conduct interviews with internal representatives to gather necessary information as well as work as a main point of contact with internal vendors.
- Serve as the key liaison between Marketing and other internal teams to collect and analyze data and assist in storytelling and reporting.
- Collaborate with business partners on decision-making to execute on strategies and evaluate performance to measure results.
- Deliver recommendations to connect overall organizational growth and business objectives within Marketing and organization strategies.
- Identify and drive improvements to data-related processes, tools, and systems.
- Contribute to the overall success marketing by staying on top of marketing channel best practices, trends, innovative ideas, strategies, and industry standards.
- Respond to and perform ad hoc assignments, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and query databases.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills with demonstrated ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, identify trends and issues, and diagnose root causes.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to perform analyses on large and often incomplete datasets.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer relationship management software, e.g., Salesforce platform, products, and processes, and to implement established and new business processes within the platform.
- Demonstrated ability to build and generate reports or dashboards in Salesforce, and pulling, cleaning, and analyzing data from Salesforce.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize time and manage multiple concurrent important projects for different internal teams and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively explain complex information. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, ask critical questions, and obtain pertinent information and details. Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and communication skills to present clear and actionable recommendations to leadership teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact and communicate with diverse individuals. Demonstrated relationship-building skills to build effective working relationships and partner with cross-functional teams and external research partners. Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and use data to influence business decision making.
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, with a growth mindset. Creative and innovative thinker.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of progressive experience in market research, forecasting, strategic insights, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field.
- Five years of experience using Excel for data analyses, cleaning and analyzing data, generating reports, and using for data visualizations.
- Five years of experience in data analytics, predictive modelling, and hypothesis testing.
- Five years of experience translating data into information for utilization by business partners.
- Three years of experience working with Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or similar customer relationship management (CRM) system building, and generating reports and dashboards.
- Two years of experience using the Google Analytics platform.
- Two years of experience in Marketing.
- One year of experience working with a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, marketing, finance, data analysis. Equivalent combination of extensive education, experience, training, and certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s degree in marketing, finance, or data analytics.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 15% travel.
We recognize the success of our mission depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates. To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k)-retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement Leave.
For New York Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this position is between $77,280 - $115,920 annual base salary, subject to a candidate’s combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual performance incentive.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert