Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some
of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an
impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their
families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you’re committing to making
a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find
that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career
with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be
accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we’re
proud to offer benefits such as:
A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days’ work
Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
Competitive pay and performance incentives
A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if
you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Market Research Senior
Specialist serves as the subject matter expert within the Marketing
Analytics & Insights team, analyzing qualitative and
quantitative data to inform and influence strategic
decision-making. The Market Research Senior Specialist leverages
marketing research and platform data to gain a deep understanding
of the general market, WWP metrics, uncover trends, and drive
strategy behind key organization-wide growth initiatives across new
and existing programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the subject matter expert for qualitative and
quantitative research data within with Insights & Analytics
- Collect and analyze market data, custom research projects, and
research related to internal campaign focus areas.
- Collect, synthesize, and translate information from various
sources into cohesive commentary on sampling and impact
- Consolidate data and information into actionable items,
reports, and presentations. Synthesize findings and prepare
reports, presentations, and white papers that communicate the
story. Illustrate data graphically and translate complex findings
into written text and presentations.
- Investigate and evaluate marketing methods, insights, and
various marketing channels to develop an innovative approach to
strategies using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Synthesize analyses and key insights into clear, concise
recommendations for operational decision-making in support of
organizational priorities related to impact and outcome
- Author research reports, white papers, and presentations for
both Programs and Donor support initiatives.
- Develop roadmaps for future research to identify gaps and drive
- Conduct interviews with internal representatives to gather
necessary information as well as work as a main point of contact
with internal vendors.
- Serve as the key liaison between Marketing and other internal
teams to collect and analyze data and assist in storytelling and
- Collaborate with business partners on decision-making to
execute on strategies and evaluate performance to measure
- Deliver recommendations to connect overall organizational
growth and business objectives within Marketing and organization
- Identify and drive improvements to data-related processes,
tools, and systems.
- Contribute to the overall success marketing by staying on top
of marketing channel best practices, trends, innovative ideas,
strategies, and industry standards.
- Respond to and perform ad hoc assignments, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and query
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills with demonstrated
ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, identify trends and
issues, and diagnose root causes.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to perform
analyses on large and often incomplete datasets.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer relationship management
software, e.g., Salesforce platform, products, and processes, and
to implement established and new business processes within the
- Demonstrated ability to build and generate reports or
dashboards in Salesforce, and pulling, cleaning, and analyzing data
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize time and manage multiple concurrent
important projects for different internal teams and meet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated
ability to effectively explain complex information. Demonstrated
ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, ask critical
questions, and obtain pertinent information and details.
Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and communication
skills to present clear and actionable recommendations to
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact and
communicate with diverse individuals.
Demonstrated relationship-building skills to build
effective working relationships and partner with cross-functional
teams and external research partners. Collaborative approach
to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and use
data to influence business decision making.
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness
to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, with a growth
mindset. Creative and innovative thinker.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of progressive experience in market research,
forecasting, strategic insights, business analytics, strategic
forecasting, or a related field.
- Five years of experience using Excel for data analyses,
cleaning and analyzing data, generating reports, and using for data
- Five years of experience in data analytics, predictive
modelling, and hypothesis testing.
- Five years of experience translating data into information for
utilization by business partners.
- Three years of experience working with Salesforce, Salesforce
Marketing Cloud, or similar customer relationship management (CRM)
system building, and generating reports and dashboards.
- Two years of experience using the Google Analytics
- Two years of experience in Marketing.
- One year of experience working with a non-profit
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, marketing,
finance, data analysis. Equivalent combination of extensive
education, experience, training, and certification may be
considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s degree in marketing, finance, or data
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 15% travel.
We recognize the success of our mission depends on the efforts
of our passionate, hard-working teammates. To help teammates remain
focused on the warriors and families we serve, WWP offers a
comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical/Prescription
drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability,
Long-term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program. WWP also
offers a 401(k)-retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick
Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday,
Education Assistance, and Bereavement Leave.
For New York Applicants: The estimated hiring range for
this position is between $77,280 - $115,920 annual base
salary, subject to a candidate’s combination of experience,
qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible
for an annual performance incentive.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."