- Wounded Warrior Project
- Florida, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Apr 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Administrative, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Office Administration, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Academic Centers, Arts, Community Development, Community Foundations, Education, Environment, For-Profit Companies, Health, International, Museum, Philanthropic Advisors, Public Broadcasting, Research, Social Services, United Way
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we’re proud to offer benefits such as:
A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days’ work from home)
Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND family members
Competitive pay and performance incentives
A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Compensation Specialist assists with the day-to-day administration of the compensation program and helps ensure alignment with the organization’s compensation philosophy, market competitiveness, and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the organization’s compensation program. Ensure base and incentive compensation program is current, competitive, and legally compliant.
- Perform various compensation related tasks including performing job analyses, writing job descriptions, conducting job evaluations, and reviewing external market comparisons.
- Monitor the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures. Identify, recommend, and implement revisions to ensure the compensation program is affordable, cost effective, and consistent with compensation trends and organizational objectives.
- Process base salary pay increases, e.g., promotions, market adjustments, internal equity adjustments, and review FLSA exemption status.
- Partner with managers to draft and revise new and existing job descriptions as assigned.
- Conduct job analyses and write job descriptions.
- Conduct internal pay equity analyses and recommend compensation offers for new hires, as assigned,
- Conduct job evaluations to ensure external market competitiveness and internal equity. Assist with regular audits of teammate compensation to ensure regulatory compliance and internal equity across the organization.
- Assist with salary surveys participation and respond to select survey data requests. Analyze and communicate survey results to human resources leadership and utilize results to ensure market competitiveness.
- Stay current with trends affecting pay and benefits including federal, state, and local governmental regulation changes to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the annual incentive process.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of data integrity in Workday HRIS.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working understanding of compensation plan administration.
- Demonstrated working understanding of federal, state, and local laws and regulations e.g., FLSA, EEO, ADEA.
- Expertise using Excel for compensation administration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and highest levels of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with team members.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Four years of experience conducting job analyses and writing job descriptions.
- Four years of compensation experience with a working knowledge of compensation theory and practices and local, state, and federal laws and regulations, e.g., FLSA, Equal Pay Act, and EEO.
- Four years of experience using Excel with demonstrated expertise with pivot tables and formulas to analyze data and prepare reports.
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or pursuing certification.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or pursuing certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert