Development Director, California
- California, United States
- $75,000.00 - $95,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Development Director, California
10-20% of time
Remote- CA required but preferably based in San Francisco
Shatterproof was founded in 2013 to fill the gap for a well-funded, national, coordinated effort to reverse the course of the addiction health crisis, with the singular goal of ending the devastation addiction is causing our families. We know there are science-based solutions that can prevent and treat this disease, and we are committed to what research has proven to be effective. We have identified three priority pillars: transforming addiction treatment, ending addiction stigma, and educating and empowering communities.
Transforming Addiction Treatment: Shatterproof is transforming the U.S. healthcare system for the more than 40 million Americans living with a substance use disorder (SUD). Like anyone suffering from a disease, those with this disease deserve access to treatment that is based on science, complemented by a supportive recovery community, both free of shame and stigma. Removing barriers to lifesaving treatment is a core mission focus of Shatterproof.
Ending Addiction Stigma: Shatterproof’s National Stigma Initiative replicates the success of other transformational social movements—such as HIV/AIDS activism, cancer awareness, and marriage equality—in catalyzing the change needed to create a more tolerant, more compassionate, and healthier future. We are committed to creating solutions that are adept at changing attitudes and behaviors and ultimately closing SUD treatment gaps and health inequities for historically disadvantaged populations who experience compounded discrimination and bias.
Supporting and Empowering Communities: Shatterproof is committed to educating and empowering our families and communities nationwide by providing supportive and evidence-based resources related to prevention, treatment and recovery from addiction.
You can learn more in our 2021/2022 Return on Investment Report here.
Reporting to the AVP of Integrated Fundraising, the Development Director will supervise all aspects of a peer-to-peer event-based portfolio, including oversight of event programs and donor development engagement and activities. This self-starting individual will be responsible for driving fundraising success for the Shatterproof Rise Up Against Addiction series in California, Los Angeles and a newly added site in San Francisco.
The Development Director will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new year-round supporters for Shatterproof. This includes identifying and engaging new teams, participants, and corporate partners, fostering strong community relations, managing, evaluating, and expanding cultivation opportunities within a strong grassroots network of supporters, and overseeing all fundraising and event activities within the market territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising and Relationship Building
- Provide strategic direction and active leadership for corporate partnership development.
- Responsible for raising at least $500K annually, with double digit growth desired; Formulate, implement, and lead strategies and tactics for fundraising and development activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas, and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Regularly monitor the performance of a fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones, and maximize retention.
- Develops and executes plans for retention, upgrade and acquisition (pipeline development) of applicable area of business focus.
- Execute Mine data resulting in identification and acquisition of participants, team captains, corporate partners, sponsors and community leaders. Identifies and develops new business with existing donors as well as new prospects and provides excellent donor relationship management to key organization stakeholders.
- Identifies and develops new business with both existing donors as well as new prospects and provides excellent donor relationship management to key organization stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor interactions within Salesforce. Ensure that contacts, next steps and tasks are consistently and accurately captured in donor records and central files.
- Track and report on progress, tactics, trends, financials and other KPI’s to analyze and determine success.
- Provides frequent financial input including budget building, forecasts and revenue reports.
- Collaborate with an outstanding team of program staff as well as the larger organization to ensure the programs' growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
Participant Experience & Events
- In partnership with event production vendor support, oversee event logistics including but not limited to recruitment, kick-off & rally events, Walk Day, and Awards Celebrations, etc., ensuring an extraordinary and consistent participant and donor experience.
- Supports other fundraising events, activities, and programs as assigned.
- Builds and implements strategy to develop a pipeline of leaders, including the recruitment, management and development of donors, volunteers, and committees. Provides leadership in building and implementing annual plans around volunteer leadership within fundraising programs and events.
- Identifies, builds and stewards relationships with community, philanthropic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development.
- Identify and implement marketing opportunities, partnerships, influencers relationships and other opportunities to increase Shatterproof’s presence and awareness within assigned market territory that can drive business goals
- Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of Shatterproof.
- Communicates and sets expectations clearly and appropriately
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in empowering individuals through peer-to-peer fundraising, events, volunteerism, and corporate partnerships
- Demonstrated understanding of the substance use disorder space and community preferred; An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness for drug and alcohol addiction in America
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to present Shatterproof’s mission and howto get involved to groups of all sizes
- Demonstrated experience recruiting individuals to support an organization
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Ability to organize time effectively and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with variety of constituencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills, creativity, independent judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, strong editing skills, and follow-through.
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft Excel, DonorDrive (or other P2P platform), and Salesforce.
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings and events required
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support events.
- Authorization to work in the US required
- Reliable transportation to travel required
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert