- Center for Responsible Lending
- North Carolina, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Center for Responsible Lending (CRL) is a nonprofit, non-partisan organization working to ensure a fair, inclusive financial marketplace that creates opportunities for all. Through research, legal analysis, policy development, and state and national advocacy engagement, CRL fights for economic equity for underserved communities—particularly Black and brown communities and low-to-middle income families. CRL’s staff reflect a collective commitment to eliminating systemic injustice in America’s financial services.
CRL provides a strong voice on both the state and national levels for these families to expand family wealth and financial stability through sustainable homeownership, affordable higher education, and support for small businesses, and protect their financial stability by preventing abusive products that trap families in debt and strip away their income, by ending payday lending and other predatory high-cost lending, exorbitant bank fees, and abusive debt collection practices.
The Philanthropy Manager will identify new donors and prospects,
manage, and optimize our
internal systems to advance high-potential leads, and craft compelling communications to convert prospects and donors into long-term supporters.
What You’ll DO:
DONOR ENGAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
- Utilize internal prospect research software (iWave) to assess potential donor leads
- Leverage Salesforce to document, track, and take actions
against individualized donor
engagement plans, including drafting donor outreach
- Build annual stewardship calendar; curate content in
partnership with program and
recruitment teams; create donor ‘touchpoints’ throughout year to ensure high-quality donor
- Write donor proposals/grant applications with editorial
oversight and reports for philanthropic
support as needed. Manage distribution of communications to key funders.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
- Oversee all functions of donor database (Salesforce) management
and execute against
fundraising data vision
- Manage reports and dashboards for all philanthropy functions to
track progress, support
campaigns and mailings, inform fundraising strategy, and increase efficiency of daily tasks
- Build Salesforce automations to drive fundraising efficiency, minimizing human error
- Partner with Director of Philanthropy to analyze donor pipeline and recommend strategies to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of fundraising operations.
- Process all donations in a timely manner, including coding each gift, entering gift information in the database, informing relevant contacts, and facilitating appropriate thank-you process
- Process grants and provide timely, accurate grant reporting
- Assist donors with gift transactions, including check and credit card donations
- Assist the Finance Department on monthly reconciliations and
the annual audit.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required
- 2 years of experience in development, sales, partnerships, or project coordination; 2+ years preferred
- Preference for working in organizations that place a priority on teamwork and collaboration
- High degree of organization and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to develop and ultimately deliver engaging presentations
- Ability to work evenings or weekends for online and in-person events
- Strong technical aptitude including proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the ability to quickly learn new technologies; Intermediate proficiency with Excel and/or experience with Salesforce preferred.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert