Director of Resource Development
- Southeast Raleigh Promise
- North Carolina, United States
- $75,000.00 - $83,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Grant Administration
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Education, Social Services, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Southeast Raleigh Promise
Director of Resource Development
Starting Salary: $75,000-$83,000 plus benefits
Applications requested by April 10, 2023; Position open until filled.
Southeast Raleigh Promise (SERP) is a Purpose Built Communities organization with a mission to serve alongside our neighbors, strategic partners, and funders to ensure that Southeast Raleigh residents have access to equitable opportunities to grow and thrive. We lead Raleigh/Wake County’s first Purpose Built Communities model focused on leveraging major investment in four key areas: Mixed Income Housing & Real Estate, Cradle to Career Education, Health & Community Wellness, and Economic Vitality. Our work is holistic and rooted in community and resident engagement and approached through a racial equity lens. For more information, visit www.serpromise.org.
Southeast Raleigh Promise is growing and seeks a full-time Director of Resource Development to partner with CEO Yvette Holmes, the Board of Directors and the Southeast Raleigh community to secure $800K - $1M in annual funding to fuel our mission. Southeast Raleigh Promise’s top goals for 2023 and beyond are to create and preserve quality and affordable rental and homeownership opportunities for residents in Southeast Raleigh; strengthen the education and workforce development pipeline; promote health and financial wellness, education, and empowerment; and engage deeply with community.
To support the successful outcomes in each of these areas, Southeast Raleigh Promise is seeking candidates with stellar oral and written communication skills, proven experience in fundraising and grant writing, and dedication to lead and grow resource development operations. Candidates with lived experience in Southeast Raleigh, Purpose Built Communities, or similarly situated communities that are underserved and under resourced are highly desired.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Resource Development serves as a leadership team member and is responsible for leading the design and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising and communications plan that cultivates public and private support in line with the brand of the organization. The Director manages organizational fundraising activities, the scope of which includes individual and major gifts, planned giving, donor relations, and special events. The Director collaborates with members of the organization at every level and forges new relationships and partnerships needed to advance SERP’s reach, impact, and financial goals while maintaining and strengthening existing relationships. The Director works closely with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Advisory Committee to advance strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
Resource Development Responsibilities
- Identify, establish, grow, and maintain a pipeline of major gifts, individual annual giving, corporate, and foundation support.
- Be accountable for annual goals and benchmarks for fundraising in conjunction with the CEO and SERP Board.
- Lead the process and engage the CEO in the creation and implementation of an annual fund development plan that includes appeals, grants, sponsorships and major gift fundraising.
- Support and partner with CEO and SERP Board members on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the marketing/communications team to help develop and ensure the alignment of fundraising messaging to overall communications.
- Research and identify potential grant sources, assist in grant writing and manage grant calendar.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program and oversee events related to stewardship of major gift donors to ensure strategic focus from the CEO and Board members.
- Oversee the management and optimization of the donor database, SalesForce, with support from the Office Manager.
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the proper receipt, documentation and accountability of all contributions received, ensuring appropriate donor recognition and reporting.
- Actively pursue opportunities for the CEO, Board members, and staff to communicate and raise awareness about opportunities to support SERP and its mission.
Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the CEO and board leadership to communicate and uphold Board giving practices, including the solicitation of personally meaningful gifts from each member.
- Oversee and work with the Board Advisory Committee to develop strategy, to identify new funding sources/donors, solicit funds from various spheres of influence, and all other development activities.
- Provides staff support and participates in planning for new Board member orientation, the annual Board retreat, Board Advisory Committee meetings, and Board meetings, when needed.
- Works with the CEO and Director of Finance & Operations to provide accurate and timely information to the board and sub-committees pertaining to revenue projections, timing of funds received, and possible surpluses/shortfalls for all charitable revenue.
- Work closely with the CEO and Director of Finance & Operations to inform the annual budget based upon projections of anticipated donations and pledges, helping to ensure solid financial footing for SERP.
- Develop, implement, and maintain resource development, communications, and special events budgets, ensuring staff understand and adhere to budget projections and goals.
- Create reports to analyze and measure the progress toward fundriaisng goals and the effectiveness of annual campaigns and events.
- Review monthly reconciliation reports with finance team to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- A personal passion for the mission, vision, and values of SERP.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in philanthropy.
- Proven track record of cultivating, securing, and stewarding corporate, foundation, and individual gifts and donors.
- Awareness and willingness to grow in the understanding and application of practices that promote racial equity and inclusion.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically engage with a diverse constituency comprised of community residents, government officials, corporate and foundation executives, nonprofit representatives, volunteers, fellow staff, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently with accountability.
- Self-motivated yet strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide results.
- Comfortable with technology and use of constituent management software.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Working Environment & Physical Demands
This position is expected to maintain regular hours of work which will be a combination of remote work and working in an office environment either at the Beacon Site or the SERP administrative office in downtown Raleigh. The employee is expected to meet the physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will be required to pass necessary screening to work with children/students and volunteer with the YMCA and WCPSS.
Starting salary range of $75,000-$83,000 based on skills and experience. Employee benefits include:
- PTO (for personal, vacation, and sick leave) amounting to four weeks
- 100% paid Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, Dependents are the responsibility of the employee
- 11 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday (employee’s choice)
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Simple IRA, with a maximum 3% match paid by employer
- Flexible working schedule (Hybrid model)
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and 3-5 professional references to email@example.com by April 10, 2023. Writing samples and a short presentation will be required from finalists.
Apply for Director of Resource Development
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert