Community Engagement Officer
- Florida, United States
- $60,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Programs, Community Outreach, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Development, Community Foundations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Summary: The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for all community engagement and fundraising activities in support of the sustainability and growth of WestCare Village South. The Community Engagement Officer will be the primary point of contact for all local community relations and fundraising activities.
Illustrative Duties and Performance Responsibilities:
The duties of the Community Engagement Officer position include the following, as well as performance of other work-related duties as assigned:
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to effectively implement a comprehensive plan of campaign to fully fund the South Florida Center for Women & Children as well as future fundraising efforts / projects as they are developed.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to effectively promote the agency mission, vision, values, and program sustainability for current and future fundraising projects
- Annually develop and implement (2) quarterly appeals
- Annually develop and implement (1) seasonal special fundraising event
- Report weekly to the Chief Development Officer
- Develop and / or review print and media materials used for fundraising campaigns and appeals (i.e., website, press releases, appeals, PSAs, etc.). Some items such as press releases will be coordinated with the national marketing team
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to identify annual engagement and fundraising goals
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to craft and implement annual engagement and fundraising strategies / initiatives
- In person direct solicitations of donations and gifts from prospective and existing donors
- Identify, research, and cultivate influencers, prospective donors, donations, and gifts
- Develop and implement appropriate communication and stewardship strategies for donors
- Develop and maintain portfolio of donors and prospective donors
- Serve as the primary gift processor for all gift types for the region
- Maintain and update accurate donation and donor records in RENXT CRM for the region
- Participate in meetings and attend trainings as needed
- Complete all internal orientation and mandated training activities, including E-Learning Courses, within required timeframes, and in accordance with the criteria established for this position.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates a proven community relations / fundraising track record.
- Understands community relations and fundraising concepts / strategies
- Assists in implementation of capital campaign strategy and fundraising efforts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate with all levels of staff and outside sources.
- Outstanding critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information / direction in one-on-one and group situations to volunteers, employees, and community partners.
- Exhaustive research ability.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing and demanding work schedule
- Demonstrated understanding of poverty, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health and willingness to address concerns with action designated to create change
- Knowledge of media communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as MS Office, managing files and records and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Understanding and application of federal, state, local and agency confidentiality rules and professional standards of conduct
- Understanding of professional ethics, consumer rights, and professional responsibilities
- Knowledge of WestCare Mission, goals and values
- Familiarity with WestCare services and programs
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff and consumers
- Demonstrates respect for an individuals cultural and ethnic values when interacting with them
- Demonstrates a high degree of dependability.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Observes working hours
- Shows flexibility and is responsive to requests from supervisor
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibits characteristics of good workmanship, and integrity on the job
- Work time is always productive
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with consumers, co-workers, and external
- Is courteous to consumers, staff, and all others.
- Demonstrates tact at all times.
- Cooperates with others both within and outside WestCare.
- Works well with supervisor; accepts direction and supervision
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Presents a positive personal image and maintains a professional demeanor
- Education: Bachelors degree from four-year College in Business / Marketing / Communication or related field is preferred.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and with all levels of employees and office visitors.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to comprehend and articulate basic accounting principles / practices
- Three to Five years experience in community relations, communication, marketing or development is preferred
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is required
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understands, communicates (both verbally and in writing), and collaborates effectively and with precision, given the time constraints of each task.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- A membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals is preferred.
- A knowledge of and adherence to the fundraising code of conduct and ethics guidelines of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is required.
- Adherence to the Donor Bill of Rights of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is required.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Blackbaud RENXT CRM platform is preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, processes, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide an Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- Clearance in Pre-Employment Drug Testing and Criminal Records Checks, as required.
- Possesses sufficient means of independent mobility.
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to sit 40% of the time
- Frequent use of keyboard and telephone.
- Local / Regional travel as necessary
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Mental Demands
- Must be able to handle multiple demands from simultaneous telephone calls, visitors and staff members
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail
In accordance with the organizational chart approved by the Board of Directors, this position is immediately supervised by the Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert