Senior Coordinator, Membership and Direct Marketing
- kWhitney Museum of American Art
- New York, United States
- $50,000.00 - $50,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Membership
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Membership and Growth Marketing, the Senior Coordinator, Membership and Direct Marketing plays an important role in supporting the ongoing efforts of the Whitney Membership and Marketing team, focusing specifically on acknowledgments as well as direct marketing and solicitations. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, the Senior Coordinator also takes a leading role on the execution of direct marketing solicitations, including renewals, reinstatements, upgrades, gift membership, and Annual Fund. For Annual Fund, the Senior Coordinator, with guidance from the Senior Manager and colleagues in Advancement, will also take the lead on Annual Fund campaign reporting and strategy recommendations to support growth and efficiency of the program.
- With oversight and strategy input from Senior Manager, execute a variety of direct mail and email efforts in support of the department’s overall revenue goals. Responsibilities include drafting copy, data requests and review, production management, email set up, and liaising with direct mail consultants and mailing houses
- With guidance and support from Senior Manager, help provide timely data analysis of solicitation efforts
- Take the lead on the execution of Annual Fund solicitation efforts and work in close collaboration with Advancement colleagues to build strategies to reach revenue goals
- Lead the weekly acknowledgement process. Work closely with the members of the Membership and Business Systems teams to ensure accurate and timely acknowledgement of gifts
- Play an active role in email marketing efforts across the Membership and Marketing department
- Work with Graphic Design and vendors on production and inventory management of printed collateral
- Hire, train, and manage departmental interns
- Assist with gift processing as needed
- Assist with membership events as needed (which include evenings and weekends)
- 3-5 years of experience
- General understanding of direct marketing practices and membership programs
- History of executing on direct marketing tactics across channels, especially by mail and email
- Strong project management and administrative skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Public-facing customer service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office
- Proficiency in Mailchimp or similar email service provider software
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database is preferred
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools preferred
- Fixed compensation of $50,000 per annum
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(B) elections
- Generous PTO benefits
- Commuter benefits - parking and mass transit
- Admission to world-renowned museums across the city and nationally
- Pet insurance and discounted membership for Citibike
The advertised pay rate is not a promise of a particular wage for any specific employee. The specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, special licensing or qualifications, and other factors.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts and culture administration, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in the arts and culture space and what you hope to bring to this role.
About the Whitney:
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. The Museum hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. The Museum encourages all qualified candidates to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.
The health and safety of our Museum community is the highest priority. As such, the Whitney Museum is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated and boosted with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert