Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement & Community Engagement
- Fletcher Technical Community College
- Louisiana, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Apr 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Donor Relations, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Other Programs
- Academic Centers, Education, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement and Community Engagement is a senior level administrator who serves as the chief fundraising and friend-raising officer of the college. This individual oversees the College Foundation, Enterprise Corporation, development and grants/marketing and communications, and government relations. This individual provides leadership and support for initiatives in advancement that are aligned with the College’s strategic plan. They will establish and maintain positive relations with all constituencies of the College, including development of new relationships with business and industry. The Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Chancellor and serves as a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the College’s Advancement Office including oversight of the operations, budget and systems that support efficient and effective use of resources.
- Represents the College and Chancellor in the community.
- Designs a comprehensive strategy for communicating the value proposition of the College in the community.
- Develops and oversees a comprehensive Continuing Education program.
- Provides strategic guidance and leadership for all annual, campus and capital campaigns as well as special events designed to secure donations, expands community support and builds endowment funding for the college.
- Provides leadership and support for the Foundation Board and all committees of the Board.
- Oversees the Ambassador program and Alumni Affairs efforts to continually recruit friends and volunteers who support the mission of the college.
- Collaborates with the Financial Aid Office to administer scholarships funded through individual endowments and/or grants.
- Maintains a positive and productive working relationship with industry partners and businesses.
- Builds goodwill in the community, recognizes donors and assists the Chancellor in cultivating potential major donors.
- Provides leadership and oversight to secure maximum grant funding to the College through the submission of strong and well written, well placed grants and partnership opportunities.
- Attends and networks through a variety of College and community events such as conferences, receptions, cultural events, productions, etc. and engages with civic organizations and professional associations that will advance the college.
- Serves as the government relations advisor to the Chancellor.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Recommends, monitors, and allocates the division’s budget. Makes provisions for obtaining and maintaining equipment needed for effective learning.
- Oversees a comprehensive marketing and communications program.
- Oversees sustained growth of the Enterprise Corporation.
- Directs projects and assumes other duties as assigned by the Chancellor.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Higher Education Leadership, Advancement, Business, Marketing, Human Relations, Communications, Finance or related fields. Excellent organization, communication and supervisory skills. Collaborative and team-oriented management style. Strong technology knowledge and skills. Superb project management skills and the ability to work on many fronts simultaneously. Experience with Board and donor relations, cultivation, major gift solicitation, on-line giving, grants, and planned giving.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert