Director, Annual Giving (Remote)
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Health, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Pancreatic cancer doesn’t stop or slow down, and neither do we. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN), we accelerate critical progress for pancreatic cancer patients. We take bold action by funding life-saving research, providing personalized patient services free of charge, and creating a community of supporters and volunteers who will stop at nothing to create a world in which all pancreatic cancer patients thrive.
PanCAN’s Precision Promise(SM) is one example of how we work to change the future for pancreatic cancer patients. Precision Promise(SM) is our groundbreaking clinical trial platform that is now enrolling patients at top institutions nationwide. Precision Promise(SM) is what the pancreatic cancer field and our patient community have been waiting for, hailed for its ability to transform the way clinical research is done for this disease.
We’re looking for people who, like us, will stop at nothing to make progress for patients. Our work is critical and meaningful, and it changes lives every day. Join us and be a part of it!
THE OFFER: To encourage the people fighting the world’s toughest cancer, we provide our staff with the resources, care, and sparkle to do and be their best in and out of the office. We offer competitive salaries, variable incentive compensation, flexible work arrangements, a remote-friendly work environment, exceptional time off practices, and top-tier health and welfare benefits – all creating an extraordinary workplace and inclusive culture that celebrates diverse perspectives, encourages innovation, and is highly recommended to friends and colleagues by our team members.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Director, Annual Giving (Remote) is an essential part of the development team, responsible for growing annual giving support for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s vision to create a world in which all patients with pancreatic cancer will thriving. Working under the direction of the Vice President, Annual Giving & Operations, the Director will serve as a frontline fundraiser and supervisor (player/coach) to guide and manage the annual giving program including direct response, monthly giving (Circle of Hope), and the mid-level giving program (Partners in Progress) for donors giving $1,000 - $9,999. The Director will work collaboratively across the organization to oversee annual giving campaigns that maximize annual, renewable, and upgraded gifts from a broad base of donors through the optimum mix of digital, print, social media, and personal outreach.
The Director will coach, mentor, and manage two direct reports, Associate Director (Direct Response and Circle of Hope) and Manager, Mid-Level Giving. The Director will manage a portfolio of mid-level donors and engage them directly through personalized communications and one to one outreach to deepen their relationship with PanCAN. This position is ideal for a self-motivated, creative, and passionate development professional who is excited about the opportunity to join a collaborative team and be a part of guiding strategic revenue growth.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Annual Giving and Development Operations to set the strategic direction and guide implementation to achieve ambitious goals to grow the annual giving program, with a focus on acquisition, retention, upgrading, and stewardship through direct response and mid-level giving programs.
- Actively manage a portfolio of mid-level ($1,000-$9,999) donors; building relationships primarily through phone, email, and mail communication to deepen engagement and solicit and close mid-level gifts.
- In partnership with the VP, Annual Giving and Development Operations and the Associate Director, support the direct response vendor relationship and guide strategies to maximize fundraising tactics in all annual giving channels (digital and print), including special campaigns such as Giving Tuesday, Drive to Thrive Giving Day and other annual giving initiatives.
- Collaborate with Mid-Level, Major Gift, and Research and Prospect Management teams to develop strategies to identify and expand qualified annual and mid-level donors into the major gift development cycle.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as leadership, mission, finance, marketing and other development staff to advance the annual giving program and overall fundraising efforts.
- Consult with PanCAN’s data team to provide effective reports and analyze giving level trends and retention tactics to maximize the annual giving program’s acquisition, retention and upgrade strategies and monitor progress toward annual goals.
- Understand, translate and effectively represent PanCAN’s work, impact and priorities to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Track donor relationships, including moves management and solicitations in RE NXT.
- Coach, mentor and manage two professional staff: Manager, Mid-Level Giving and Associate Director, Direct Response.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ development experience, with three to five (3-5) years of documented experience as a frontline fundraiser, with proven success in soliciting annual gifts from individuals.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful annual giving solicitation and stewardship strategies, including experience managing a comprehensive and integrated annual giving calendar.
- Ability to analyze giving level trends and retention rates to maximize the success of renewal and upgrade strategies and work closely with colleagues to develop a pipeline of donors to support the donor continuum.
- Experience in direct mail and digital solicitation best practices and implementation.
- Ability to ensure timeliness, accuracy and cost effectiveness of annual giving activities.
- A positive, solutions-oriented demeanor and the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with staff, volunteers, and donors to deliver results.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, develop innovative solutions and facilitate growth.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and supervisory skills.
- Travel and weekend work required at times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with Raiser's Edge or other CRM highly preferred.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- Responsive: Demonstrates the ability to respond with urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally, and ensure a high degree of responsiveness.
- Collaborative: Understands the impact of their work on other team members; communicating and collaborating appropriately.
- Flexible: Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Creative: Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Polished: Professional attitude and appearance.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the organization’s mission and goals by exhibiting the following core values: Deliver Excellence, Service & Gratitude, Accountability, Team, and Sparkle Spirit! Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert