Director of Development
- Thomas More Society
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Events, Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Legal Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for leading all TMS Major Gift fund-raising initiatives.
Logistics: Position will be located on-site at the TMS Headquarters in downtown Chicago.
• Identify and develop relationships with high net-worth prospects who support the TMS mission. Manage a portfolio of current TMS Major Gift Donors ($5,000+). Efficiently increase donor engagement and optimize TMS revenue. Immediate focus on development of the Chicago market.
• Manage the TMS Development Team, including external Vendors and Consultants. Responsible for Development related contracts with Employees and Partners.
• Lead annual planning for the Development function. Set revenue goals for the collective Development Team and individual Development Team members. On-going evaluation of revenue performance to goal.
• Efficiently manage Development Budget – salary, travel, entertainment, events.
• Partner with the Marketing Team to create Development collateral – presentations, letters, digital communications.
• Create, plan and execute events and experiences to engage major donors. • Manage grant proposal prospecting and written submissions.
• Drive the TMS Culture to reflect the values of St. Thomas More – Integrity, Conviction, Industriousness, Piety and Cheerfulness.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Supportive of TMS positions on Life, Family, Freedom and Election Integrity.
• Knowledge or involvement in Catholic/Pro-Life organizations a plus.
• Active faith life in accord with Catholic/Christian teachings.
• Experience in managing a not-for-profit Development Team, successfully demonstrating ability to increase Development revenue.
• B.S. Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Experience with fundraising software. DonorPerfect preferred.
• Solid interpersonal, communication, business writing and presentation skills.
• Proven effective leadership experience.
• Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve large scale objectives and goals.
• High level of personal energy and enthusiasm.
• Ability and willingness to travel
Apply for Director of Development
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert