- Thomas More Society
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Legal Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Development Officer will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the development cycle of a portfolio of prospects/donors including identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, partnership, and stewardship to contribute to the overall TMS philanthropic goals.
• Supports the Director of Development with the overall
development strategy for TMS fundraising efforts by designing,
implementing, evaluating, and refining the major gifts program for
gifts $25,000 and above.
• Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 50-75 prospects/donors.
• Create Moves Management strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects/donors.
• Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, facilitate, or make solicitations, and ensure effective stewardship.
• Assist in identification and qualification of new prospects and donors in assigned region.
• Coordinate virtual and in-person meetings to cultivate donor and prospect relationships.
• Collaborate with Development Team on appeals and giving campaigns.
• Prepare written materials such as proposals, solicitations, reports, and appeal letters.
• Record and report key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree, CFRE preferred.
• Supportive of TMS positions on Life, Family, Freedom, and Election Integrity.
• Active faith life in accord with Catholic-Christian teachings.
• Knowledge or involvement in Pro-Life organizations a plus.
• Minimum three (3) years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting.
• Experience managing a donor pipeline; familiarity with fundraising software and database(s). • Superior verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact at all levels.
• Proven fundraising track record with demonstrated ability in securing major gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
• Skilled in planning and implementing long- and short-range development initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with prospects, donors, and/or volunteers in a wide range of roles.
• Database management skills – preferably Donor Perfect.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
Apply for Development Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert