The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development is seeking a
collaborative and goal-oriented team player who can creatively
connect with, engage, and fundraise from alumni and other friends
of The Cooper Union, a leading college in art, architecture, and
engineering undergraduate education. While The Cooper Union is
small, it has played an important role through its graduates’
impact on New York City and the world as well as through its
well-respected community outreach programs and its illustrious
Great Hall. It is an exciting time to be at Cooper as it continues
to move the needle on returning to full-tuition scholarships for
all undergraduate students. The Office of Alumni Affairs and
Development plays a key role in this effort and is looking for a
strong candidate to join its dynamic team to engage its alumni
resulting in increased participation and giving.
Salary range is $78K-80K.
• Initiate, plan, manage, promote, track, and evaluate programs
and events, locally and nationally that are designed to engage
alumni, advance the mission of The Cooper Union, and keep alumni
connected to the college and to each other.
• Achieve engagement and fundraising goals as set in consultation
with the Deputy Director and the Vice President of Alumni Affairs
• Manage current and initiate new targeted affinity groups. Current
groups include Cooper on Wall Street, Law, Tech. Future groups to
• Recruit volunteers (e.g. class anchors, regional ambassadors,
affinity group leaders) to collaborate to increase the department’s
capacity to fundraise and engage Cooper’s alumni community.
• Manage and promote annual signature events - Cooper Together and
• Support engagement and fundraising growth from alumni by directly
participating in phone, email and in-person cultivation and
• Utilize department’s email delivery system and alumni
website/portal to promote events and programs and to grow alumni
• Manage and promote alumni on-line resources such as the Alumni
Portal and Class Notes.
• Collaborate with IT in enhancing the department’s CRM as it
relates to engagement needs.
• Collaborate with Admissions, Career Services, the schools to
implement engagement, volunteer, and fundraising
• Create and facilitate engagement opportunities between students
• Liaise with Cooper Union Alumni Association (CUAA) and help
promote its events and programs that supplement Cooper Union’s
fundraising and engagement efforts.
• Manage other alumni affairs work as instructed by the Deputy
Director and Vice President of Alumni Affairs and
• Participate in other departmental initiatives as required
• Experience managing alumni programs and events.
• Superior organizational, collaborative, interpersonal and
communications skills, including a proven ability to interact with
donors, board members, other colleagues, and department
• Ability to be detail-oriented with high accuracy.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize work,
manage time, and effectively manage multiple projects.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Good typing and proofreading skills
• Good with numbers and detail-oriented
• Sound judgment and discretion
• Strong team player
• Reliable and punctual
• Computer proficiency in CRMs, digital marketing systems, and
Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn new
• Knowledge of social media and online community management
• Ability to work both in-person and remotely (hybrid work
• Availability evenings and weekends.
• Writing samples will be requested
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.