Chief Development Officer, Catholic Shrine
- National Centre for Padre Pio
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 15, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
In conjunction with the Executive Director, the CDO will oversee all development tasks, including donor cultivation and stewardship, the Annual Fund, capital campaign, event planning, constituent relations, corporate and foundation outreach, and related communications efforts. The successful candidate will develop and implement strategies, tactics, and metrics in each of these areas to maximize community support for all aspects of the Centre’s operations and strategic priorities. An integral part of this role will be the ability to build relationships with staff, members of the board, and others within the community.
The CDO will report to the Executive Director.
The CDO’s first primary task will be to participate in all aspects of the Centre’s capital campaign, assuming a primary leadership position in planning and implementation in conjunction with the Executive Director and capital campaign committee members.
The CDO will:
- implement all aspects of the current capital campaign including designing campaign messaging, securing and overseeing volunteers and committees, making presentations, and writing capital campaign correspondence;
- develop and implement strategies to meet annual, restricted, and long-term (capital/endowment) fundraising goals;
- supervise staff members as applicable in implementing a comprehensive, sustainable development/fundraising program;
- ensure that the development department’s work is professional and consistent with the Centre’s mission and values;
- implement all aspects of the annual fund including designing campaign messaging, securing and overseeing volunteers, making presentations, writing annual fund correspondence, holding phonathons, and tracking participation;
- participate in community events and support other staff & volunteers;
- publish communications to support development, including an annual report summarizing impact and recognizing donors for their contributions;
- oversee all donor-related and community events (constituent gatherings, donor cultivation, donor recognition);
- research and solicit foundation grants and corporate gifts;
- work with the Executive Director to set and meet short- and long-term fundraising goals; and
- develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
The National Centre for Padre Pio seeks a CDO with:
- experience in leading a successful capital campaign
- a proven track record of fundraising success, particularly in securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with diverse constituent groups;
- personal warmth and friendliness;
- a leadership style that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility;
- an ability to work with minimal supervision;
- a commitment to strict confidentiality in all matters;
- experience working in a small office setting; and
- fluency with Microsoft Office Suite and donor cultivation and research software
A bachelor’s degree is required for this position. At least five years of experience leading annual fund, capital, endowment, and/or similar campaigns is preferred as is at least seven years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in nonprofit fundraising. Working for a Catholic Church or other type of Catholic organization would be a bonus.
Working remotely is an option for this position.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
The National Centre for Padre Pio offers a full range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits for all full-time staff.
The National Centre for Padre Pio is located in Barto, Pennsylvania: 70 minutes Northwest of Philadelphia and 40 minutes Southwest of Allentown by car. Again, working remotely is an option for this position.
All applications must include a cover letter and resume and should be emailed to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the ideal candidate has been selected.
All inquiries will be held in confidence.
The mission of the National Centre for Padre Pio, Inc., is to lead souls to God, through the example of Padre Pio, the first Priest in history to bear the stigmata; the wounds of Christ.
Based upon the precepts of Franciscan Spirituality as demonstrated by the Seraphic Father, Saint Francis of Assisi, Padre Pio’s own spirituality was a lifelong practice of love of God as manifested through love of neighbor. Through his mission on the Altar and in the Confessional, particularly as a spiritual teacher second to none, Padre Pio continued the work of redemption begun by Christ.
In thanksgiving to God for this unique gift of Padre Pio in our lives, we at the National Centre humbly strive to continue the salvific mission of Padre Pio. We offer to all, regardless of race, creed, or color, a place of refuge and revitalization where the Sacraments are readily available in the Franciscan Spirit of love and peace.
We endeavor to educate and promote education in the teachings and spirituality of Padre Pio through speeches, seminars, workshops, retreats and pilgrimages. The Centre publishes, distributes, composes and produces books, magazines, music and films about the life, work, and spirituality of Padre Pio both here in the United States and throughout the world.
Apply for Chief Development Officer, Catholic Shrine
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert