CEO & Executive Director
- Businesses Ending Slavery & Trafficking (BEST)
- Washington, United States
- $125,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 16, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Government Relations and Advocacy, Managing Volunteers, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Office Administration
- Advocacy, Education, For-Profit Companies, International, Legal Services, Other Fields, Research, Social Services, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Since its founding in 2012, Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) has been driven by a single vision: prevent human trafficking. Central to this vision is a belief that every person has the right to be free from commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. By educating employers to prevent human trafficking and creating pathways to employment for survivors of trafficking, this vision can become a reality. Growing from a single meeting of trafficking experts in 2011, BEST now equips 20,000+ individuals per year with the tools and knowledge necessary to become the first line of defense for potential victims.
BEST is seeking a CEO & Executive Director to lead the organization into our next stage of growth and social impact. As the new CEO & ED, you will enter an organization that is financially stable and poised for growth, with a six-month operating reserve, diverse revenue streams, and a strong technological infrastructure for operating in a hybrid work environment. You will work with a board that is highly skilled, involved in fundraising, and respectful of the CEO’s operational oversight. You will have the pleasure of managing a dedicated team of staff who have built BEST’s reputation of being a reliable, well-run, and effective organization that fosters cross-sector collaboration, inclusivity, and belonging.
For more information, please visit our website at www.bestalliance.org.
What You Bring
Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills. BEST seeks candidates with a compelling combination of the following knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- An authentic relationship-builder with a passion for creating effective, collaborative partnerships to reach common goals and with experience working with people and organizations from diverse backgrounds, points of view, and sectors.
- Solid financial management skills, including budgeting, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Transparent, approachable, and high integrity leadership and people management.
- Capacity for strategic planning and ability to envision and convey the organizations' strategic future.
- Ability to envision new ideas and direct their execution, including planning, managing teams, fund development, program development, and effectively using technology tools.
- Capacity and passion to become a national subject matter expert on the issue of human trafficking.
- Persuasive and compelling written communication and public speaking skills.
- A minimum of five years of senior management experience in a small or mid-size organization (for-profit, nonprofit, or government agency).
- A minimum of three years in nonprofit management by working in a nonprofit, serving on a nonprofit board, or working in close partnerships with nonprofits.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert