Assistant Director, Global Events Strategy
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Special Events
- Education, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
General Summary:The Assistant Director, Global Events Strategy is a member of the Advancement team at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business. This position provides varying levels of support, oversight, and tactical execution of events sponsored by Chicago Booth Advancement including annual events such as Reconnect, Management Conference, and Distinguished Speaker Series, as well as alumni engagement, stewardship, and cultivation events.
The position is Chicago-based and requires availability on select evenings and weekends as well as the ability to travel both domestically and internationally. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of Advancement events with the oversight of the Director, Global Events Strategy.
- Serves as the team expert in virtual event technologies such as Zoom, VMix, and CVENT.
- Manages all components of the CVENT registration platform to insure data integrity is maintained and serves as the primary CVENT contact for Booth and Alumni Relations and Development partners.
- Serves as team lead for tracking and reporting on post-event and year-end metrics.
- Maintains event budget templates and manages all event-related expenses for the above events with oversight from the Director.
- Actively participates in event strategy sessions with staff, planning committees, and other Chicago Booth and University departments as needed or as directed.
- Works with the Director, Global Events Strategy and the Global Events Strategy team in the creation of new and improved event programming (in person, hybrid, and virtual) that corresponds and helps to achieve Advancement and Booth leadership goals.
- Participates in the planning and execution of non-Advancement events sponsored by Chicago Booth as assigned by the Director, Global Events Strategy.
- Executes day-to-day event logistics, and other moderately complex assignments with some guidance from others.
- Works to implement ideas for improvement as they are identified in addition to providing post-event feedback on turnout and vendor performance with direction from others.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum two years of experience in event planning, or directly related work.
- Working in higher education, development, or alumni relations.
- Managing virtual event technologies, such as Zoom, VMix, and CVENT.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Learn and master event-related software and systems specific to the Booth Advancement office such as CVENT.
- Proven success in customer experience.
- Proven success in working with internal constituents as well as external vendors.
- Proven success in creating and managing budgets.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Quickly learn and take ownership of projects.
- Self-motivate and work well with and through others.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet short deadlines.
- Work evening and weekend hours.
- Travel, domestically and internationally.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert