- Nuclear Threat Initiative
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Community Outreach, Managing Volunteers, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Environment, For-Profit Companies, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) is a non-profit whose mission is to transform global security by driving systemic solutions to nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity.
Would you like to contribute to NTI’s success in a role that works closely with staff across all NTI programs?
NTI is seeking a Development Manager. This is a full-time hybrid position, working a minimum of three days a week in our DC office and a maximum of two days a week remotely. This position reports to the Vice President of Development.
The Development Manager works with the Development team and NTI leadership to manage individual giving at NTI. In coordination with the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager creates and executes an annual plan to increase individual giving through tailored engagement and outreach strategies, and helps NTI build and strengthen relationships with major donors and prospects.
Donor Stewardship and Prospect Cultivation, including:
- Creating and implementing individualized strategies to cultivate prospects and steward donors.
- Contributing to the building of a planned giving program.
- Completing research briefings, talking points, due diligence, and donor correspondence for use by senior leadership.
- Maintaining donor and prospect relationship information in the Salesforce database.
- Assisting the Development Associate in managing third-party giving platforms.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of NTI’s institutional policies and guidelines, as well as professional best practices in fundraising.
Campaigns, Appeals, and Events, including:
- Planning and executing NTI’s end-of-year (EOY) campaign.
- Identifying opportunities and creating ad-hoc fundraising appeals based on current events or NTI milestones, including by preparing outreach lists and drafting targeted appeals.
- Drafting Development copy and donor list for NTI’s annual report.
- Coordinating distribution of completed annual report.
- Conducting special mailings to donors and Board members as needed.
- Planning and logistics management for 4-6 prospecting events annually.
- Producing 6+ “Ask NTI” donor conference calls with NTI experts annually.
Data, Metrics, and Reporting, including:
- Drafting fundraising updates and reports for Board of Directors.
- Serving, under the Vice President of Development, as the staff liaison to the Board Development Committee. Preparing meeting materials and talking points, drafting the official meeting minutes, and managing Committee documents.
- Preparing various semimonthly, monthly, and ad hoc reports for NTI leadership and Finance team.
- Managing online donating processes.
- Serving on NTI-wide committees and initiatives, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce or a similar donor database. Proficiency in reporting, dashboards, and basic administrator functions.
- Ability to communicate with diverse group of donors; excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with individual stewardship and cultivation strategies, major giving cycles, retention strategies, and communication and engagement metrics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with direct mail and email appeals.
- Familiarity with, or interest in, international relations, global security, and/or existential risk reduction.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
In addition to a competitive salary, NTI offers a generous benefits package, including:
- 12 paid holidays and 20 paid vacation days annually, along with paid sick leave and paid parental leave
- Excellent health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) at no cost for employee-only coverage and reduced cost for dependent coverage
- NTI paid short- and long-term disability insurance and term life insurance
- A 401(k) plan with a generous employer match
- SmarTrip commuter benefits, and more!
Send a resume, cover letter, and two brief (1-5 page) professional writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must read: “NTI DEV MANAGER”
Position will remain open until filled. Early application encouraged.
NTI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all background and identities to apply. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, or any other quality or circumstance protected by Federal or D.C. law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert