Associate Development Director
- Anti-Defamation League
- Florida, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations
- Advocacy, Community Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Associate Development Director
REPORTS TO:Development Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
LOCATION: Miami, Florida
Grade/Class: Grade F, Exempt, PSA-Eligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias, using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader in combating antisemitism, countering extremism and battling bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.
This passionate and enthusiastic fundraiser will manage a personal portfolio of donors and prospects. They will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to increase the donor base and close gifts. This individual will collaborate closely to develop and execute targeted major gifts and donor/community cultivation events to achieve defined regional goals.Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Development in setting fundraising priorities and meeting financial goals.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, and solicits funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations in accordance with ADL’s Operating Plan and funding priorities in consultation with the Director of Development. This includes researching and outreach to potential and current donors with the purpose of building out and managing a portfolio.
- Actively builds and manages a portfolio of 100+ individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects, to include some donors with the capacity to make gifts of $10k or above.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive cultivation and stewardship plan, building relationships with donors via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and in-person or virtual visits. Some travel will be required for donor meetings and events.
- Ensures all donor/prospect activities and communications are recorded in the CRM database in accordance with department policies and procedures including mailing lists, registration lists, and fund records.
- Oversees coordination of donor cultivation and community-building event logistics as deemed integral to the Region’s overall fundraising strategy in partnership with divisional and regional teams
- Contributes to development-related functions such as marketing and communications.
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and community outreach when appropriate.
- Contribute to regional management by participating in overall regional office administration and operations.
- Serves as an effective and enthusiastic ADL spokesperson and representative.
- Maintains an active, current body of knowledge of ADL and its mission, programs, activities, institutional needs, and fundraising priorities.
- Assists the Director of Development in special assignments to ensure long-term donor engagement and retention; and supports the successful completion of annual campaigns.
- Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the Regional Director of Development or as representative at the National level.
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials, and prospect research based on individual skills and office needs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate concepts simply, clearly, and effectively, both in writing and conversation; superior attention to detail; exceptional storytelling skills.
- Display a positive attitude and good humor. Show good judgment, common sense, and excellent listening skills; committed to transparency, accountability, and direct communication.
- The ability to anticipate and be responsive to multiple stakeholders' needs, including individual donors and prospects, corporate and foundation donors and prospects, volunteers, and community members.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to see projects through to completion while meeting tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software.
- Must be self-motivated, have initiative and work independently, and be part of a team.
- Ability to successfully navigate and thrive in a complex organization. Experience in a national organization with an affiliate or chapter structure a plus
- Committed to advancing the mission and goals of the ADL.
- Five to seven years of community fundraising experience in a volunteer environment, with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of soliciting and closing 5 figure gifts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated periodically): ADL is adhering to public health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a hybrid environment; this role may require 3 days in the office.
- This position has a salary range of $50,000 to $71,750. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Boca Raton, Florida. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in other locations. For an overview of our total rewards package, please visit https://www.adl.org/about/careers.
ADL values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of underrepresented ethnic groups, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. ADL is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local laws.
ADL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation to support the interview process, please contact Talent & Knowledge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADL will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable State, Local, and Federal laws.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert