Major Gift Officer - Midwest
- Leading the Way with Dr. Michael Youseff
- Illinois, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Planned Giving
- Advocacy, Religion
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Leading the Way, a global ministry currently spreading the gospel in 28 languages across six continents is in a time of expansion. The ministry's Vision 2025 calls for new ways of sharing the good news of Christ so that a million souls will come to Christ by 2025. The development team is also growing, adding at least two Directors of Ministry Relations (Major Gift Officers) with the priority regions being the Midwest (Chicago), the Southwest (Dallas), and the West (Los Angeles). The Director of Ministry Relations is responsible for overseeing all development activities in their assigned region of the United States. A successful Director of Ministry Relations will have both a pastor’s heart and fundraising acumen.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful experience in a fundraising position working with major donors.
- Solid presentation skills as well as verbal and written communications skills; creative, polished, and professional.
- Confident and self-aware with emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; high empathy; good listener.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and autonomously. Organized; effective in managing time; meets deadlines; adept at handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient and at ease in working with higher-end donors in securing larger gifts for an organization or ministry.
- Comfortable and adept with conversations regarding asset-based giving and estate strategies.
- Financially astute; ability to lead and guide donors in philanthropic strategies.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time within assigned geographic area.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Adept user of Microsoft Office and a CRM database.
Leading The Way’s Statement of Faith may be found here. There is no preferred denominational affiliation at Leading The Way. A vibrant Christian faith is required.
Specific, reasonable goals will be set in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, but will likely approximate the following:
· Grow portfolio by 10-15% year-over-year to support ministry growth
· Develop genuine relationships with existing major donors in portfolio
· Reactivate past, dormant donors
· Maintain accurate activity records in donor management system
The Midwest Director of Ministry Relations will reside in the Midwest region and be responsible for developing an existing portfolio of loyal donors in that region. Proximity to an airport and residing within the region are important. Up to 50% of the Director’s time is spent traveling to visit donors, etc. This requires proactive planning, dedication to scheduling, and significant intentionality to develop relationships. Travel to Atlanta will likely occur at least twice a year for team events.
For the full Opportunity Profile, see www.jobfitmatters.com/LTW.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert