Reporting to the Executive Director of the Brooklyn College
Foundation, the Director of Annual Giving and Foundation Operations
is responsible for the engagement of alumni donors, managing a
growing annual giving program, engaging alumni supporters, and
building a pipeline of major gift donors. The Director also
oversees database management and ongoing foundation operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of a strategic vision, management,
marketing, and execution of a growing annual giving program that
fosters increased alumni engagement.
- Establish and meet annual fundraising and alumni donor
- Develop strategies that foster the growth of a culture of
philanthropy among alumni and the campus community.
- Engage, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of individual donor
prospects making annual contributions of $1,000 to $10,000.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the Brooklyn
College Annual Fund program, responsible to increase revenue, donor
participation rates, and leadership support.
- Establish and manage an effective annual solicitation calendar
consisting of electronic and social media campaigns, giving days,
direct mail, and an annual phonathon program.
- Oversee the development of giving societies to build donor
loyalty and expand the number of donors at the $1,000 and up annual
- Partner with Alumni Engagement to increase alumni and student
engagement through targeted co-hosted events, mixers, and lecture
series, reintroduction of the senior class gift program, and by
formalizing a reunion class giving program.
- Benchmark, monitor, and adjust as necessary, the various
components of the Annual Fund program in achieving defined goals,
procedures, budgets, and timetables.
- Supervise the work of the Senior Database Manager, Development
Manager (Operations), Office Associate, and part-time assistants
- Work with the Finance Office and Foundation staff to:
- Review, develop, update, and implement a range of policies and
procedures and establish a reference manual
- Provide assistance, as needed, in fulfillment of the annual
- Manage the BCF’s general expense budget
- Address operational needs for the Foundation as they arise
- Oversee the state registrations for fundraising
- Participate in division, board, committee, and/or CUNY
- Additional duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Eight or more years of successful
experience in annual giving fundraising, preferably in higher
- Excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal
- The intelligence, maturity and sound judgment necessary for
interacting with donor prospects, board members, and executive
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to
set and complete priority projects under deadline.
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to
promoting the College’s mission and fundraising priorities through
developing excellent relationships with faculty, senior academic
leaders, trustees, alumni, volunteers, and the Institutional
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and
solicitation strategies and soliciting gifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s
Edge or similar database system.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel as