Director of Annual Giving and Foundation Operations
- Brooklyn College Foundation
- New York, United States
- $90,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Community Foundations, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Brooklyn College Foundation, the Director of Annual Giving and Foundation Operations is responsible for the engagement of alumni donors, managing a growing annual giving program, engaging alumni supporters, and building a pipeline of major gift donors. The Director also oversees database management and ongoing foundation operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of a strategic vision, management, marketing, and execution of a growing annual giving program that fosters increased alumni engagement.
- Establish and meet annual fundraising and alumni donor participation goals.
- Develop strategies that foster the growth of a culture of philanthropy among alumni and the campus community.
- Engage, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of individual donor prospects making annual contributions of $1,000 to $10,000.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the Brooklyn
College Annual Fund program, responsible to increase revenue, donor
participation rates, and leadership support.
- Establish and manage an effective annual solicitation calendar consisting of electronic and social media campaigns, giving days, direct mail, and an annual phonathon program.
- Oversee the development of giving societies to build donor loyalty and expand the number of donors at the $1,000 and up annual giving level.
- Partner with Alumni Engagement to increase alumni and student engagement through targeted co-hosted events, mixers, and lecture series, reintroduction of the senior class gift program, and by formalizing a reunion class giving program.
- Benchmark, monitor, and adjust as necessary, the various components of the Annual Fund program in achieving defined goals, procedures, budgets, and timetables.
- Supervise the work of the Senior Database Manager, Development Manager (Operations), Office Associate, and part-time assistants and interns.
- Work with the Finance Office and Foundation staff to:
- Review, develop, update, and implement a range of policies and procedures and establish a reference manual
- Provide assistance, as needed, in fulfillment of the annual audit
- Manage the BCF’s general expense budget
- Address operational needs for the Foundation as they arise
- Oversee the state registrations for fundraising
- Participate in division, board, committee, and/or CUNY meetings
- Additional duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Eight or more years of successful experience in annual giving fundraising, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The intelligence, maturity and sound judgment necessary for interacting with donor prospects, board members, and executive staff.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and complete priority projects under deadline.
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the College’s mission and fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, senior academic leaders, trustees, alumni, volunteers, and the Institutional Advancement team.
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies and soliciting gifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database system.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel as needed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert