- Brooklyn College Foundation
- New York, United States
- $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Community Foundations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Stewardship Manager is responsible for the stewardship functions of the Brooklyn College Foundation, including regular communication with and reporting to donors regarding the use of gifts and overseeing questions relating to scholarship funds. The Manager tracks commitments to individual and select institutional donors and helps assure that these commitments and associated reporting requirements are met. The Manager manages an active portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, and serves as liaison to and facilitator for activities with senior administrative staff and faculty in support of the cultivation and stewardship goals of the department and division. The Manager works closely with the Development Associate for the Leadership Gifts group, ensuring that the Associate supports both stewardship functions and the needs of the Leadership Gifts group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute the stewardship strategy with individual lead donors and select institutional donors. Assure that timely and meaningful stewardship reports and gift acknowledgments are sent, and that student thank you letters to donors are distributed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage a portfolio of 30-35 leadership gift prospects and donors, which includes developing appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies and moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Execute stewardship of temporarily restricted and endowed gifts. Track the names and relevant information about the direct beneficiaries of endowed scholarships, awards, chairs, and capital gifts, send timely reports to donors.
- Coordinate with Finance and Administration and other offices involved in the allocation of temporarily restricted funds and endowment income to assure that disbursements are made in accordance with gift agreements with donors.
- Collaborate with the Office of Scholarships and all departmental fund signatories to ensure adherence to donor restrictions and requests.
- Organize and execute an annual stewardship event, or smaller intimate events throughout the year that connect donors with their student and faculty beneficiaries.
- Prepare gift agreements and other solicitation materials as necessary.
- Oversee the preparation of commemorative plaques and similar items for named spaces and other permanent donor recognition sites at Brooklyn College.
- Work closely with the Development Associate for the Leadership Gifts group, ensuring that the Associate supports both stewardship functions and the needs of the Leadership Gifts group.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience, with a demonstrated record of successful project management.
- Experience working in the development office of a large educational institution or non-profit strongly preferred.
- Excellent research, writing, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- The intelligence, maturity and sound judgment necessary for interacting with major donor prospects, trustees, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and complete priority projects under deadline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge or similar database system.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed
$65,000 – $75,000 Commensurate with experience and education.
Generous Benefits Package
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert