Foundation Relations Manager, Part-time, 20 hours per week
- District of Columbia, United States
- $72,800.00 - $93,600.00
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Grant Seeking
- Community Foundations, Environment
- Employment Type
- Part Time
JOB TITLE: Foundation Relations Manager, Part-time: 20 Hours Per Week
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 1, 2023
LOCATION: Washington, DC, New York, NY, temporary remote possible
COMPENSATION: $35-$45 per hour DOE
APPLY TO: https://ecoamerica.bamboohr.com/careers/23
ORGANIZATION & PROGRAM BACKGROUND
ecoAmerica is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that works with institutional partners to build a critical mass of institutional leadership, public support, political will and collective action for climate solutions in the United States. We develop and manage sector-based programs for the health, faith and community sectors, empowering networks of trusted leaders and institutions to lead by example and engage stakeholders on climate action. Our goal is to put America on an irrefutable path to carbon neutrality, resulting in a more sustainable and just future. More information on our organization, programs, and JEDI commitment is available at www.ecoamerica.org.
The Foundation Relations Manager focuses on maintaining relations with current institutional donors to ecoAmerica and identifying and cultivating new prospects, including for our sector-based work in health, faith and communities. The manager will coordinate all foundation activities, including prospect research, cultivation, stewardship, and maintaining a production calendar for—and producing—grant proposals and reports. Moderate domestic travel (up to 15%).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate on integrated fundraising strategies
- Work with the development and program teams to execute our strategic plan and develop creative approaches to attract new foundation donors to ecoAmerica, and steward ongoing relationships.
- Oversee and coordinate schedule for all foundation related activities—including cultivation, solicitation, proposals, reports, and stewardship.
Identify and cultivate new funding opportunities; steward existing foundation donors
- Research and identify new foundation donor prospects for ecoAmerica.
- Cultivate and steward existing ecoAmerica foundation donors and foundation donor prospects.
- Manage portfolio of foundations, with emphasis on untapped opportunities for ecoAmerica’s sector-based work that builds new climate leadership in health, faith, and communities.
- Represent ecoAmerica to new and existing foundation prospects.
- Collaborate with ecoAmerica’s President and VP Development on prospect visits, prepare background and giving briefings, and assemble PowerPoint presentations and other marketing materials for those visits.
- Write reports, proposals and correspondence in consultation with program VP/program staff.
- Track moves management toward goals, including follow up on meetings and events.
Create and update compelling case materials and correspondence
- Work closely with the VP Development and program staff to create content and design of materials that present a compelling case for foundation support.
Collaborate closely with development and program teams
- Assist with other development functions as needed, including individual cultivation, board meetings and events.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of development/fundraising experience, with a proven track record of obtaining major ($25K+) grants.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills.
- Experience in other areas of development (annual campaigns corporations, individuals) a plus.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, particularly as they relate to identification, cultivation, and stewardship of foundation and corporate prospects.
- Skilled in turning concepts into donor-driven strategies.
- Experience with Mac computers a plus. Must be a team player willing to “roll up his/her sleeves.”
- Capacity to be flexible and creative in the face of challenges.
- Demonstrated track record achieving attainment goals.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and e-mail solicitation campaigns a plus.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Local and/or national travel periodically required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ecoAmerica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ecoAmerica complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ecoAmerica expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ecoAmerica’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert