- Catholic Near East Welfare Association
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Special Events
- Community Development, Education, Health, International, Religion, Social Services, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is all about transforming compassion into action and providing hope to those in need through our humanitarian and pastoral initiatives. Across the Middle East, Northeast Africa, India and Eastern Europe, CNEWA is hard at work in places where war and poverty shatter innocent lives. Long after others have left, we are there providing consistency and hope to the Catholic Eastern churches and the communities they serve, regardless of faith. We are privileged and humbled to part of this special mission. CNEWA is a papal agency founded in 1926. It seeks to fulfill a Gospel mandate with an ecclesial mission of service to those who are most in need and searching for hope!
CNEWA is currently seeking a driven, highly motivated, and dedicated Director of Development, responsible for overall strategic planning and direction of fund-raising and promotional activities, which provide the necessary resources to accomplish CNEWA’s mission and programs.
Principal responsibilities of the Director of Development include but are not exclusive to:
- Works with the President and executive committee in the coordination and planning of fund-raising initiatives and activities.
- Works with the executive team to establish achievable specific goals and effective timetables.
- Must develop and grow major donor portfolios with high giving capacity.
- Manages development department effectively by setting clear expectations and goals, engaging in consistent and regular communication with team members.
- Directs the planning, solicitation, and support activities of the development department; establishes short and long-range goals for fundraising activities; assigns the cultivation and support of major donors to development team members.
- Assures the establishment, nurturing and development of effective relationships with select major donors, makes personal visits to and initiates communications with select major donors as appropriate.
- Works with the President in the coordination of domestic and international travel for the purpose of the cultivation of new partnerships, networks, and fundraising opportunities.
- Develops and monitors the development department budget; ensures that fundraising activities are implemented in accordance with approved budgets and plans in coordination with annual budget of the agency.
- At least 5 year’s hands on experience leading and managing dynamic fund-raising team that includes individual giving, foundation support, direct mail, digital marketing, special events, and planned giving.
- Minimum 10 years overall non-profit fund-raising experience at various levels demonstrating career growth. International experience is highly preferred.
- Proven track record with a significant, established portfolio in expanding existing donor base; with a key focus in harnessing own 6-figure individual gifts.
- Ability to measure and assess fund-raising initiatives with metrics and performance goals.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute as a key strategic executive team member.
- Required to travel primarily at the domestic level, meeting with key stake holders and high-tier donors.
- Must possess an inclusive world view, knowledge of Catholic culture and the Eastern Catholic Churches, and an overall understanding of the religious, social, cultural, and political environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
- Passion for CNEWA’s international mission and ability to effectively serve as an ambassador for the agency.
- Web and social media savvy.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong preference for multilingual facility, especially Spanish and French.
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We bring our world into your world online and in social media every day.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert