Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA)
is all about transforming compassion into action and providing hope
to those in need through our humanitarian and pastoral initiatives.
Across the Middle East, Northeast Africa, India and Eastern Europe,
CNEWA is hard at work in places where war and poverty shatter
innocent lives. Long after others have left, we are there providing
consistency and hope to the Catholic Eastern churches and the
communities they serve, regardless of faith. We are privileged and
humbled to part of this special mission. CNEWA is a papal agency
founded in 1926. It seeks to fulfill a Gospel mandate with an
ecclesial mission of service to those who are most in need and
searching for hope!
CNEWA is currently seeking a driven, highly motivated, and
dedicated Director of Development, responsible for overall
strategic planning and direction of fund-raising and promotional
activities, which provide the necessary resources to accomplish
CNEWA’s mission and programs.
Principal responsibilities of the Director of
Development include but are not exclusive to:
- Works with the President and executive committee in the
coordination and planning of fund-raising initiatives and
- Works with the executive team to establish achievable specific
goals and effective timetables.
- Must develop and grow major donor portfolios with high giving
- Manages development department effectively by setting clear
expectations and goals, engaging in consistent and regular
communication with team members.
- Directs the planning, solicitation, and support activities of
the development department; establishes short and long-range goals
for fundraising activities; assigns the cultivation and support of
major donors to development team members.
- Assures the establishment, nurturing and development of
effective relationships with select major donors, makes personal
visits to and initiates communications with select major donors as
- Works with the President in the coordination of domestic and
international travel for the purpose of the cultivation of new
partnerships, networks, and fundraising opportunities.
- Develops and monitors the development department budget;
ensures that fundraising activities are implemented in accordance
with approved budgets and plans in coordination with annual budget
of the agency.
- At least 5 year’s hands on experience leading and managing
dynamic fund-raising team that includes individual giving,
foundation support, direct mail, digital marketing, special events,
and planned giving.
- Minimum 10 years overall non-profit fund-raising experience at
various levels demonstrating career growth. International
experience is highly preferred.
- Proven track record with a significant, established portfolio
in expanding existing donor base; with a key focus in harnessing
own 6-figure individual gifts.
- Ability to measure and assess fund-raising initiatives with
metrics and performance goals.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute
as a key strategic executive team member.
- Required to travel primarily at the domestic level, meeting
with key stake holders and high-tier donors.
- Must possess an inclusive world view, knowledge of Catholic
culture and the Eastern Catholic Churches, and an overall
understanding of the religious, social, cultural, and political
environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
- Passion for CNEWA’s international mission and ability to
effectively serve as an ambassador for the agency.
- Web and social media savvy.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong preference for multilingual facility, especially Spanish
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s
humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover
letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the
position for which you are applying in the subject line.
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We bring
our world into your world online and in social media every day.