Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools is the network for Jewish
day schools across North America. We partner with day schools,
yeshivas, philanthropists, and communities from all denominations,
helping them grow their reach and impact and tackle the challenges
on their paths to success.
Educating our children is the most important investment we can
make in their future. Jewish day schools inspire and nurture young
people, prepare them for remarkable and meaningful lives, and
enable them to thrive.
Prizmah enhances the ability of schools to excel. Prizmah is
building networks for schools and their supporters to connect,
learn, and drive impact — deepening talent by investing in
professional and lay leaders; catalyzing resources to generate
funding for schools to flourish; and accelerating educational
innovation, to foster teaching and learning opportunities that
At Prizmah, we see what is possible for Jewish day schools, and
we’re passionate about making that vision a reality.
Prizmah seeks a motivated and experienced Director of Major
Gifts who will work in close collaboration with the development
team to surpass campaign goals through identification, cultivation,
and solicitation of major gifts. Reporting to the Senior VP of
Development, the Director of Major Gifts will collaborate across
teams to develop multiple strategies for cultivation, solicitation,
and stewardship, and implement all aspects of moves management.
With a focus on five- and sixfigure gifts, the Director of Major
Gifts will oversee a portfolio of foundations and individual donors
and prospects and provide support to both the Senior VP of
Development and the CEO in managing their specific donor
portfolios. In addition, the position is responsible for planning
and implementing small scale events for donors and prospects.
The Director of Major Gifts will have experience collaborating
with both senior-level professionals as well as engaged lay leaders
and board members. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial,
energetic, collaborative, and goal-oriented fundraiser who doesn’t
shy away from a challenge. They have an ability to deeply empathize
with donors, a growth mindset, communicate Prizmah’s work in a
compelling manner, and effortlessly move from high-level strategic
thinking to frontline solicitation.
- Partner with Senior VP of Development to design strategies to
surpass campaign goals.
- Design and implement an effective major gift donor program,
including a detailed donor stewardship plan, setting goals and
strategies to expand, cultivate, solicit, and steward the donor
- Facilitate the work of the Development Committee, including
training and initiating lay leadership engagement programs for
- Establish and maintain ongoing donor and prospect relationships
both in-person and virtually.
- Create and execute personalized communications and engagement
plans for each donor and prospect.
- Manage a portfolio of 50+ major gift prospects.
- Develop, build, and deepen positive relationships with diverse
internal and external constituents.
- Organize compelling funder briefings (Zoom, written, and
visual) in collaboration with the program, marketing, and
- Assist the CEO, Senior VP of Development, Board, and Prizmah
team members with their portfolios and solicitations (e.g., provide
portfolio development support, strategic thought partnership, and
help with donor communications).
- Plan and support donor events, including in-person and virtual
parlor meetings, investor trainings, and engagement
- Utilize Prizmah’s CRM to capture the relevant constituent
information and plan moves management activities.
- Use tools (I-Wave, RelSci) to screen and prepare profiles of
current and prospective donors.
- Work with the Development team to refine research, data entry,
and acknowledgment processes as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate for this position will bring:
- Minimum of 8 years of nonprofit experience, including
successful relationship-building with high-level donors.
- Proven track record as a frontline solicitor, with demonstrated
success in closing five-figure gifts and above.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in major gifts
fundraising, including donor research, cultivation, and
- Well-organized multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills using
- Experience with donor database management software and prospect
research/wealth screening engines.
- Proven understanding of the Jewish community’s philanthropic
landscape in the US and Canada.
- Passion for Prizmah’s mission.
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the US, and to work
occasional evenings and weekend hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Prizmah offers an excellent benefits package that includes
comprehensive health insurance with a range of plans to select
from, matching contributions to 401k, flexible spending accounts,
vacation and sick time, and parental leave.
- Prizmah is committed to and supports individual and
- Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and on the Erev (eve) of
other Jewish holidays. Closed for Jewish Holidays.
- Flexible hours.
- A work environment that prioritizes building a strong
work-place culture. We value learning and professional development.
You will be a part of a great team that cares deeply about the work
we do and each other.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit field in the range of
$100,000 - $118,000. Prizmah’s salary ranges are based on
education, experience, and skill set required for each role. If
your salary expectations are different and/or you have more
experience than required, let’s talk.
- Prizmah values the health and safety of our community. We also
prioritize the need for opportunities for our team to meet and work
in-person. Prizmah staff are required to show proof of full
vaccination (including a booster shot) for Covid-19.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title, Director,
Major Gifts in the subject line.
You can also view our job posting here: https://www.prizmah.org/join-prizmah-team