Director of Development
- Duluth Superior Area Educational Television Corporation
- Minnesota, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Events
- Education, Public Broadcasting
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Duluth Superior Area Educational Television Corporation (dba PBS North and The North 103.3/The North 1033), an exciting and fast-growing public and multi-media organization based in Duluth, MN, is seeking a Director of Development with a strong commitment to public media. The successful candidate will work to advance the mission of our organization by creating and directing a strong, effective, comprehensive development program capable of generating the philanthropic revenue needed to support the organization’s strategic plan and objectives. This full-time, exempt position will report to the president and general manager of the station.
- With the support of the president/general manager and consultants, design and implement annual development plans for increasing revenue for PBS North and The North 103.3 based on data-driven outcomes and best practices in fundraising.
- Build and staff a professional Development function in support of annual, special project, campaign, and planned giving.
- Provide oversight of the organization’s fund development activities, manage the day-to-day operations of the Development Department. Monitor progress toward goals and report progress through appropriate committees and Board of Directors.
- Build internal systems and processes, including management of donor data, maintaining the quality of that data and ensuring the confidentiality and security of all donor information.
- Plan and implement a capital campaign over 3-5 years to support the construction of a new facility for PBS North and The North 103.3 and related campaign needs.
- Work in partnership with the Membership Director and membership department for the purpose of converting members to donors. Develop incentives and cultivation activities based on best practices.
- Develop program budgets for all areas of development and participate in organizational budget processes, including tracking revenue and fundraising trends, and analyzing information to predict future opportunities for expansion efforts.
- Manage all fundraising events, cultivation activities and donor solicitations. Lead by example through actively managing a portfolio of key development prospects annually in a moves-management platform.
- Steward a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization and a professional approach to all aspects of fundraising for PBS North and The North 103.3 and its constituents.
- Ensure timely outreach and effective stewardship of all funders through the integrity, accuracy, and relevance of development reports.
- In coordination with corporate messaging plan, develop, edit, and/or review written proposals, letters, annual community report, and other communications for individuals, corporations, foundations, and grantors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit fund development with demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Prior experience managing and directing staff.
- Proven experience with building long term relationships to successfully grow philanthropic support.
- Experience in directing capital campaigns preferred.
- A high degree of professionalism, ability to listen and inspire trust.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and key performance goals.
- Proficient in working with technology including fundraising databases, PowerPoint, Xcel and ability to learn and adapt to in-house computer software.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred.
THE DULUTH SUPERIOR AREA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION CORPORATION (DSAETC), IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live to achieve a future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations. DSAETC does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. TO APPLY: Submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name, Director of Development.”
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert