- Music Maker Foundation
- North Carolina, United States
- $60,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
If you have a passion for American roots music, fundraising and an entrepreneurial spirit, come roll up your sleeves with our energetic team of music lovers.
Position: Advancement Manager
The Advancement Manger will design and implement an Advancement Plan for the Music Maker Foundation’s long-term growth. Will be responsible for securing funding for both project-specific program initiatives and general operating support primarily from individual donors and foundations. Ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and is comfortable moving between different projects throughout the day.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Anticipated schedule is four days of on-site work in our office in Hillsborough, NC, with flexibility offered for occasional remote work. Occasional weekend work required for special events. Potential for national travel to meet in person with funders and participate in mission-based events.
- Create and implement fundraising plans for Major Gift Donors
- Write donor proposals for specific asks
- Schedule donor meetings and travel for executive staff
- Meet with donors to ask for support
- Identify prospective funding from grantors including but not limited to foundations, government agencies and corporations
- Manage and write grants, while assisting with project development and implementation of all grant funded initiatives
- Manage reporting and updates to grantors
- Create and implement fundraising plans for Annual Fund donors
- Manage and implement all direct mail appeals
- Write annual fund appeals and letters
- Coordinate with printer and mail house to ensure timely mailing
- Coordinate with bookkeeper to process all web and mailed donations/orders, send acknowledgement letters and maintain donor records
- Plan and implement donor recognition and stewardship protocols
- Collaborate with staff on promotional calendar
- Write content and appeals for weekly e-newsletter, website, and social media
- Create VIP experiences and steward Major Donors through Special Events
- Create programs to engage with public and acquire donors through events
- Conduct surveys at events to support program and fundraising functions
- Supervise order fulfillment
Salary and Benefits
- Annual salary: $60,000 – $80,000 per year, depending on the applicant’s qualifications
- Company-paid (100%) health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- SIMPLE IRA plan with matching company contributions
- A work location near the vibrant Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area in central North Carolina
- Music Maker cannot pay relocation expenses.
- Highly motivated individual with exemplary communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- At least four years professional work experience in the field of fundraising, nonprofit or arts management.
- Comfortable asking for money and stewarding high net worth individuals and foundation officers
- Must enjoy engaging with the public.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Passion for American roots music and Southern culture
To apply, please email Denise Duffy at email@example.com and put your name and “applying for Advancement Manager” in the subject line. Please attach your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in and qualified for the position. Please note that we will be accepting applicants throughout the month of April and May, with rolling interviews in May and June. Please be patient if it takes us a few weeks to respond to your application.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert