Manager, Foundation Relations - 23107
- World Wildlife Fund, Inc.
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Apr 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Other Fundraising
- Community Foundations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Manager, Foundation Relations Major Function The Manager, Foundation Relations, is responsible for overseeing the cultivation, solicitations, and management of WWF-US’ institutional philanthropic partnerships related to its Forest and Climate goal areas. Recognizing the dynamic and evolving landscape of nature and climate philanthropy, this position is responsible for engaging with new funder collaboratives in addition to established foundations, unlocking new opportunities for partnership, and contributing to WWF’s annual foundation fundraising goal.
- Foundation fundraising – including strategy development and cultivation – to achieve revenue goals across WWF-US Climate and Forest portfolios.
- Keeping informed and current about trends and changes in Climate and Forest private philanthropy, including research on new initiatives and collaborations, using an entrepreneurial approach to unlock new opportunities for partnership.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with WWF-US’ Climate and Forest teams in order to capitalize on strategic partnerships and funding opportunities. Developing and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities that aligns with WWF-US Climate and Forest strategies.
- Communicating and interacting regularly with staff members from Foundation Relations, Finance and Accounting, Legal, Operations and other departments as needed. Working in close collaboration with the wider Development team.
- Managing large, complex proposals and high-level donor relationships and ensuring effective stewardship for grants in assigned portfolio.
- In close coordination with WWF-US Climate and Forest leadership, engaging with WWF’s Global Climate and Forest Practices to ensure coordinated fundraising around large initiatives and effective stewardship of grants from US-based foundations and funder collaboratives.
- Representing WWF-US Foundation Relations team at international meetings and events; developing strategy for WWF’s positioning at these events, including creation of events, joint philanthropic announcements, and bilateral conversations with core partners.
- Supervising other Foundation Relations team members as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong track record of delivering high quality products (e.g., written reports, proposals, analyses) in a time-sensitive manner while juggling other projects is required.
- Preference for working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment is preferred.
- Successful record of fundraising accomplishments with major foundations, high net worth individuals, or government donors is required.
- Experience working in an organization with a complex, federated structure is a plus.
- Knowledge of conservation/environmental issues and commitment to WWF’s goals is required.
- At least 8 years of related professional experience is required.
- Occasional travel (domestic and international) is required; international experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and responsive.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage,
Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
Submit cover letter and resume
through our Careers
Page, Requisition #23107
Due to the high volume of
applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert