Director, Marketing Events
- The Environmental Defense Fund
- District of Columbia, United States
- $115,000.00 - $130,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values" target="_blank" rel="noopener" data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="0">values and https://www.edf.org/diversity. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://www.edf.org/diversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener" data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="1">commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Director, Marketing Events to conceive of, execute and oversee best-in-class marketing events that increase the positive brand awareness of EDF through direct engagement with EDF. This person will draw from a sophisticated toolkit that includes creation, planning and execution of branded events that can build loyalty and credibility.
To drive success, the Director, Marketing Events will be a member of the EDF Content and Brand team. However, this role will work across all EDF functions being an ambassador for the Marketing department while building trust and working on Donor Engagement events, Brand events, Internal events, Thought Leadership events, and Mission Specific events.
The majority of events should be managed within the Content & Brand team of the Marketing Department. The Content & Brand team is skilled at working collaboratively across all divisions in the organization. Bringing cross-cutting stakeholders to the table and maintaining awareness of the differing and overlapping goals of all.
The Brand Events team will ensure every event derives from the Marketing Funnel, the Editorial Hub/ Editorial Calendar, internal needs and our Thought Leadership Strategy. The position will report to the AVP, Content.
The ideal candidate is:
- A creative thinker, strategist, and doer with deep experience producing successful events.
- A proactive communicator and idea generator, full of collaborative energy and drive, who can build and manage multiple events while delivering high-quality work on quick turnaround.
- Both a detailed & big-picture strategic thinker and operator.
- An excellent people manager (direct reports, internal partners and vendors).
- A person with the ability to work with critical partner stakeholders and donors and further those relationships on behalf of EDF.
- Someone who communicates and responds in a timely manner, and who is willing to do ‘boots-on-the-ground’ work.
- Someone with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ensure all events have clearly delineated goals and objectives before committing resources as they can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Develop a brand style guide for all events, in-person and virtual, to ensure they are executed in accordance with our values/ goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Content and Brand team as well as outside vendors when needed.
- Partner with the Brand team to ensure external events are on message and on brand, with all branding cohesive, recognizable, and memorable.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, including the Donor Engagement Events team, ensuring all perspectives are accounted for and aligned with event goals.
- Manage all aspects of branded event management including (but not limited to) logo, invite, website, app, marketing materials, stage/set design, speakers, sponsors, appropriate catering, swag.
- Build and execute branded events requiring skill sets and strategies including (but not limited to) promotion before and after, providing memorable moments for attendees, properly measured and have actionable follow up steps.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, and/or communications.
- 10+ years of event management at a national / global level with major brands and organizations.
- Experience working with media, and high-net worth individuals.
- Experience working in a global environment with sensitivities to different cultures.
- Proven experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets and deadlines with no overages.
- Passion for attendee / guest experience through events. Creativity welcome!
- Experience with project and client management: relentless attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent in-person communication skills.
- Experience managing vendors resulting in positive relationships and outcomes.
- Experience with/commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Passion for environmental progress a plus.
- Travel 50%
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 115,000 - 130,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/director-marketing-events
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert