- Public Media Company
- Colorado, United States
- $200,000.00 - $250,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Academic Centers, Advocacy, Animal Protection, Arts, Community Development, Community Foundations, Education, Environment, For-Profit Companies, Health, International, Legal Services, Museum, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Public Broadcasting, Religion, Research, Social Services, Technology, United Way, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the leadership and growth of Public Media Company. The CEO collaborates with a high-performing staff; inspires the board, staff and clients with ideas and actions; and uses sophisticated management skills to advance the organization’s culture, capabilities, and impact.
The CEO has responsibility for:
- establishing local and national strategic public media initiatives consistent with the mission of the company;
- advising and executing complex transactions on behalf of PMC and its clients;
- obtaining philanthropic support for PMC;
- hiring and managing staff and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company in coordination with the Managing Directors and Director of Accounting; and
- working closely with the Public Media Company Board to set strategy and achieve annual goals and objectives
- oversees the design, development, and execution of PMC’s strategies;
- creates business opportunities for PMC and delivers high-quality consulting to clients;
- manages in a fiscally responsible manner to maintain PMC’s financial health;
- represents the organization within the public media industry as well as with foundations, individual donors, and other outside constituencies;
- stays current with the public media and independent journalism issues, opportunities and challenges, including developments in media technology;
- regularly communicates, collaborates and strategizes with PMC’s Board;
- maintains a working environment that is supportive, inclusive, and fair for employees, consultants, advisors, and contractors; and
- operates with high integrity, ethics, confidentiality, and trust in Public Media Company.
The Public Media Company CEO is a visionary, creative, collaborative, mission-driven individual who will maintain a positive, aligned culture within PMC, guiding the organization to peak effectiveness in serving public media while ensuring financially sound operations.
The Board of Directors will select a results-oriented leader with strong internal and external relationship skills and experience managing a team. The Board will seek the future Public Media Company CEO who has:
- a professional demeanor and is trustworthy and highly respected among staff, clients, colleagues and board;
- a “hands-on” approach to projects and managing the organization, as well as demonstrated knowledge of business, leadership, finance and public service;
- excellent communication skills and is effective with a wide range of stakeholders;
- the ability as an effective data-driven decision-maker and change agent who can assess, prioritize, and include others in the problem-solving process;
- excellent follow-through, executing and reaching success measures and deadlines;
- substantial experience with media, trends in technology and consumption of media;
- technological competence, including digital and social media and the evolution of all different platforms;
- a clear commitment to and proven record of growing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in the workplace;
- a deep commitment to and knowledge of public and independent media; and,
- a capacity as a lifelong learner to effectively adapt to change, putting the mission and success of public media first.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an advanced degree or related professional qualifications preferred;
- 10+ years of executive-level history and work experience;
- Demonstrated experience in and around public or for-profit media;
- Extensive experience scoping, negotiating and executing complex, transformative projects;
- A history of working with non-profit boards;
- Strong financial acumen, with an understanding of public media operations; and
- Proven track record with philanthropic fundraising.
- Salary range $200,000 - $250,000
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision reimbursement, disability, and life insurance, 403b contributions, vacation and sick time
- The CEO does not have to reside in Colorado but is expected to live and work in one of the four times zones of the continental U.S.
- Travel to in-person staff meetings, consulting engagements, board meetings and industry meetings required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert