Associate Manager, Foundation & Government Relations
- New York City Ballet
- New York, United States
- $60,000.00 - $65,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Government Relations and Advocacy, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Associate Manager, Foundation & Government Relations reports to and supports the Director of Foundation & Government Relations in raising $5 to 6 million annually from private foundation and government sources. This full-time position manages grants, maintains a portfolio of foundation donors, plays a key role in government relations and advocacy, researches and develops funding prospects, and is an integral part of a dynamic Development department charged with supporting the mission and programs of New York City Ballet.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and implementation of foundation and government fundraising plans
Work with the Director, Foundation and Government Relations to:
- Write proposals, reports, and manage large-scale grant applications and budgets for foundations and government agencies.
- Facilitate day-to-day relationships and communications with foundation contacts including drafting and sending acknowledgement letters and event invitations, and communicating with the offices of government funding agencies and elected officials.
- Help maintain a portfolio of approximately 50 foundations and cultivate existing and new relationships.
- Assist with strategy for foundation and government funding in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development.
- Research prospective donors for general operating support, education programs, and artistic projects.
- Draft correspondence for Executive Director, Senior Director of Development, Artistic Director, and Associate Artistic Director.
- Liaise with staff in Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Education to create proposal and report materials.
- Liaise with Ticket Services to fulfill house seat requests.
- Represent NYCB at meetings with various foundation and government contacts.
Oversee tasks to advance foundation and government fundraising plan
- Manage relationships and full scope of work for a subset of the foundation portfolio and prospects
- Manage comprehensive foundation and government grants calendar.
- Manage usage of Tessitura for foundations and government relations.
- Maintain income and expense projections.
- Work with Donor Records to receive, process, and track all incoming contributions.
- Manage interns on as-needed basis.
Support Development Department operations and goals
- Work with other Development areas to manage all foundation and government donor listings in printed and electronic materials, including Playbill, performance programs, and NYCB’s website.
- Reconcile monthly and annual revenue and expense accounting.
- Provide staffing and attend various Development events.
- Provide support and complete additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years relevant fundraising experience
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, goal-focused, proactive, and flexible
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs and services of NYCB
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight
- Persuasive and strategic communicator with strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Less than 5% travel
- Experience working with Tessitura or related donor database preferred
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Office setting
- Theater and studio settings
- Offsite meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the minimum requirements of this position:
- Position regularly requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and the hours of work are between 10am – 6pm weekdays. Position requires the ability to participate in donor events and attend performances, including some evenings and weekends. Minimal travel may be required as needed.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
New York City Ballet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, unemployment status, familial status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to extent required by applicable law, credit history or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert