Senior Director, Annual Giving & Direct Marketing
- Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health
- California, United States
- $155,000.00 - $160,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Direct Marketing
- Academic Centers, Health
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health unlocks philanthropy to transform health for children and families—in our community and around the world. We are a powerful team, on a shared mission. We focus on:
- Fundraising for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and the maternal and child health programs of Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Advancing equity and access to care for children with special health care needs.
- Raising awareness and support for children's health issues.
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health seeks a Senior Director, Annual Giving & Direct Marketing to join its Annual Giving team. The Senior Director reports to the Associate Vice President, Children’s Fund and is responsible for management of the direct appeal programs (direct mail and digital), which help sustain and increase annual support through the Lucile Packard Children's Fund. The Senior Director is responsible for driving the strategy, messaging, letter and insert copy, execution, and tracking of direct appeal projects that support the annual giving program.
Local candidates are preferred, and fully remote candidates will be considered. Please note, if a remote candidate is selected for the position, compensation will be adjusted for their geographic location.
The Foundation has a mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new employees must submit proof of their Covid-19 vaccination and booster vaccine at the time their employment commences. Alternatively, prior to commencing employment, new employees may request approval for accommodation for an exemption to the policy as permitted by law.
GENERAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing strategies for effective and cost-efficient direct appeal programs utilizing a variety of mediums for direct mail.
- Provide thought leadership on effective digital strategies to support the goals of the annual giving team.
- Plan and implement appropriate solicitation strategies for donor, lapsed donor, and prospect segments, and will be responsible for analyzing program results and meeting set goals.
- Create a strategic messaging plan appropriate to specific donor populations and craft appeal content including letters, phone scripts, and supporting pieces.
- Oversee the production of appeals by working with designers and vendors. In the process, the Director will work with members of the Strategic Communications team to ensure appeals have strong synergy with the Foundation's communications strategy.
- Determine appropriate solicitation populations and implement strategies to maximize donor acquisition, retention, and upgrade.
- Manage two direct reports, the Director, Digital Fundraising and the Program Manager, Direct Marketing.
- Maintain strong working relationships with vendors, including those for direct mail and digital.
- Work cooperatively with the rest of the annual giving team and other members of the Foundation staff.
NOTE: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this position will evolve and grow in accordance with LPFCH's business needs and growth plans. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities based on the future growth plans for the Foundation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in development and/or direct marketing or a similar field.
- Prior management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases.
- Experience analyzing data and results.
- A demonstrated understanding of annual giving and the essential components of a successful leadership gifts program.
- Experience in higher education and/or healthcare.
Competencies the Senior Director, Annual Giving & Direct Marketing must possess:
- Exemplary communications skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with proven ability to communicate a compelling case for annual support through written materials.
- Experience with promotional writing, marketing, and creating marketing concepts.
- Demonstrated editing, proofreading, and copyediting skills.
- Program manager who operates strategically,
autonomously and within a team:
- Experience in project management or directing an appeals program as well as an understanding of the use of direct mail and telemarketing to generate and sustain annual support.
- Ability to work autonomously and creatively, setting priorities and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative in follow up.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the
capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously:
- Ability to review and analyze gift information as well as donor number and behavior trends. Ability to demonstrate and utilize such information to determine appropriate direct appeals strategies and messages.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and integrity:
- Use of good judgment and treat confidential information with discretion.
- High level of adaptability and flexibility:
- Ability to be supportive and flexible.
- Ability to utilize database software.
- Mission orientation:
- Possesses a genuine interest in improving child and maternal health.
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert