- Winkler Group
- South Carolina, United States
- $70,000.00 - $85,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts
- Academic Centers, Arts, Community Development, Education, Health, Philanthropic Advisors, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Winkler Group is seeking a fundraising professional to serve as a campaign consultant. In its 18th year, the firm is experiencing significant expansion. Headquartered in Charleston, SC, the Winkler Group specializes in customized campaign planning and management. Through our servant leadership model, Winkler Group clients achieve an average of 117% of capital campaign goals.
With degrees from schools such as Duke, Dartmouth, Wheaton, and William & Mary, and experience as CEOs, vice presidents of advancement, chief development officers, directors of development, and major gift officers, our consulting team represents the best and the brightest in the profession. The Winkler Group serves leading academic institutions, national and international charities, civic and human service organizations, hospitals, as well as cultural organizations. Winkler Group consultants have served on capital campaign teams raising more than $1 billion.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- An attitude and work ethos of servant leadership.
- 5 years of professional fundraising experience.
- An understanding of the process of identifying, cultivating, and securing major gifts.
- Attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to work effectively with board members, executive leadership, staff, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with managing volunteers.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, flexible, and adaptable personality.
- Exceptional quantitative, qualitative, and analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, various donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising. This includes the ability to do data analysis within Excel and mail merge within Word.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Desire to advance to a senior consultant level.
- Flexibility to start immediately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The campaign consultant will work on projects in tandem with the Winkler Group’s services team—fully learning the firm’s process of leading capital campaigns and strategic plans. The campaign consultant will support senior campaign consultants and senior managing consultants while taking on progressively higher levels of responsibility.
The campaign consultant will work collaboratively with the services team and with clients to identify, design, implement, and manage customized plans and solutions for fundraising initiatives. The campaign consultant will be expected to travel each week to provide on-site leadership to clients. A sampling of responsibilities during a client’s engagement may include:
- Support senior campaign consultant or senior managing consultant with planning studies and capital campaigns.
- Learn and develop customized campaign plans, solutions, and strategies.
- Craft individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Create campaign documents, policies and procedures, and communication strategies.
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to set campaign direction and manage day-to-day operations.
- Assist in the identification, research, evaluation, cultivation, stewardship, and tracking of prospects and donors.
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to lead regular campaign meetings with executive leadership and staff.
- Support volunteer committees, activities, and training programs.
- Provide regular and consistent campaign progress reports.
- Assist the Winkler Group’s services team to manage campaign planning and management projects.
- Conduct personal interviews with key internal and external constituents and donors.
- Analyze campaign study results, organizational structure, strategies, staffing, resources, budget, volunteer support, and donor databases.
- Prepare customized, comprehensive written analysis and recommendations reports.
- Work with the Winkler Group’s services team to deliver findings to executive leadership.
- Ability to identify the root causes of an issue and work to solve the challenges unique to a client.
- Personal ownership of a project or challenge until completion or resolution.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & REQUIREMENTS
The Winkler Group offers a starting salary range of $70,000-$85,000 with opportunity for bonuses and advancement. It is our intention that a campaign consultant will progress to the senior campaign consultant level within a reasonable length of time. A generous benefits package includes medical insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please submit resume, cover letter, recent salary history, and references to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert