- Palm Beach Civic Association, Inc.
- Florida, United States
- $100,000.00 - $110,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Public Broadcasting
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Development Liaison
Reports To: President
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
The Development Liaison (DL) plays a critical role in increasing the positive impact of the Palm Beach Civic Association (PBCA) on the island of Palm Beach. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Organization’s day-to-day financial resource development and new donor stewardship to support the growth of PBCA’s long-term membership specifically as it relates to sponsorships, corporate donations, and new members. As DL, you will work closely with the Communications, Events & Donor Relations team, in a collaborative atmosphere to promote the mission of PBCA throughout the community.
This position is a member of the Palm Beach Civic Association’s Management Team. The DL works closely with the President and committees and provides a high level of internal and external leadership on behalf of the organization.
Values & Principles
- Serve as an ambassador of the Palm Beach Civic Association and its mission, vision, and guiding values.
- Strive to reach and exceed established professional goals.
- Abide by PBCA’s policies and procedures, and act with candor, transparency, clear communication, and the highest ethical standards.
- Serve as a team player and work collaboratively with all PBCA employees.
- Understand and proactively seek opportunities for internal integration of work across functions and departments to make connections and enhance the strengths and efforts of PBCA to maximize its impact.
- Uphold the highest standards of membership services for all PBCA donors and prospects in terms of speed of response, accuracy, and completeness.
Work closely with the President and in alignment with the Organization’s strategic plan to:
- Lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development program inclusive of but not limited to a strategy that identifies, cultivates, and secures new individual donors, corporate donors, and sponsors.
- Works closely with Membership Coordinator to ensure the facilitation of all gifts from sponsors and corporate donors.
- Review and edit for final approval, all membership, sponsorship, and public relations announcements.
- Advance a comprehensive planned giving program that fosters PBCA’s business development relations with sponsors, and new membership.
- Formulate and execute plans to increase community philanthropic partnerships in the Town of Palm Beach.
- Assist the Membership Coordinator with development-focused programs.
- A thorough understanding of all products, services, work plans, and metrics of the department and PBCA is required.
- Proven track record in meeting annual goals.
Oversee functional areas and provide leadership in local and national associations/organizations.
- Maintain a high-level public presence for the Organization through presentations, public speaking, writing, and attendance at philanthropic functions that further the strategic development and stewardship objectives of PBCA.
As a member of the Management Team, foster and promote interdepartmental collaboration that capitalizes on diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to accomplish organizational goals.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organization’s mission, policies, strategies, and operations.
- Identify, consider, and lead opportunities for internal integration of work across functions and departments to make connections and leverage the strengths and efforts of PBCA.
In this Management position, build, develop, and manage a successful program.
- Create budgets and timelines for projects and manage workflow internal to the department.
Work closely with the President in preparation for Executive Committee and Standing Committee meetings.
As appropriate, assist other departments and work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of PBCA.
- At all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with the Civic Association team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations are available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
5-15 years of related experience, preferably in development, major gifts, community philanthropy, or nonprofit setting of comparable complexity is required.
- Certified Specialist in Planned Giving is a major plus.
- Practical experience in philanthropy with demonstrated success in fund development and cultivation and planned giving.
- Strong knowledge of local communities, issues, and organizations.
Ability to make well-reasoned decisions in the best interests of the organization for the present and future, and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in the community.
- Good meeting management skills.
Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional experience in communicating complex membership and giving levels of support.
- A proven capacity to develop relationships with donors and local businesses.
Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and familiarity with database software is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Donor Perfect software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate databases, spreadsheet, and other computer programs.
Project Management Skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands.
- Experience in creating and carrying out realistic timelines and project budgets.
Teamwork & General Skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to be a team member and help in other departments or at programs as needed.
The Palm Beach Civic Association offers a highly competitive salary, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, PTO, and a generous number of company holidays.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to attend meetings and forums locally by use of own vehicle.
o Due to the nature of external appointments and/or responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, use of personal car is an essential job responsibility for this position.
- As a member of the Organization’s Management Team, this position is required to be available via telephone during nontraditional work hours for unlikely work-related emergencies.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended workdays.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
To protect and improve the quality of life in the Town of Palm Beach by taking proactive stands on civic affairs; informing, educating, and engaging residents on key town issues; working with local government; and encouraging citizen involvement in the community. Learn more about the Organization by visiting About - Palm Beach Civic Association
How to Apply
We are looking for people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you and you have an aligning background, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the Development Liaison position and what you would bring to the Palm Beach Civic Association. Send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Location: Palm Beach, Florida, United States
- Position Title: Development Liaison
- Employer: Palm Beach Civic Association
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Min Experience: 5 Years and Over
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert