Director of Institutional Marketing and Development
- Fund for Armenian Relief
- New York, United States
- $100,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Prospect Research, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications, Sales and Marketing
- International, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Director of Institutional Marketing and Development has responsibility for the overall strategic development and management of the set of communications that FAR deploys to reach their audience. The goal of this fundraising strategy is to build and strengthen the brand’s image in the market to further develop trust among the diaspora and ultimately make it the foundation of choice for individuals to consider when planning their charitable giving efforts.
This person will be responsible for the successful establishment and training of employees as well as strategic partners in order to provide an impactful deployment of communication strategies through all traditional as well as digital channels. He/she/they will drive expansions and strategic growth by actively managing the mix and diversification goals for reaching potential donors. The successful candidate will be able to effectively develop and maintain broad based relationships throughout the target audiences with the emphasis on developing the right setting to finalize and secure the donor engagements. The Executive Director and/or Board Members are fully committed to these efforts and willing to provide whatever assistance, at any time, as may be needed. The Director of Institutional Marketing and Development will manage the ongoing donor relationship to ensure FAR is positioned appropriately with the donor as the dominant foundation of choice. Position reports to Garnik Nanagoulian, Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities• Utilize management skills of communication, presentation, time management, organization and planning to successfully achieve institutional marketing and fundraising objectives. • Advise on potential partnerships with other organizations and agencies and identify specific funding and partnership opportunities • Responsible for entire lifecycle of Institutional Marketing and Fundraising to include:
- Potential donor targeting
- Engaging with legacy as well as new donors through traditional and digital channels
- Development of digital and traditional materials for the successful continuation of touch/drip contact campaigns.
- Management of the potential donor and the sense of “when and if” to involve the Executive Director and/or relevant Board Member to finalize the “deal”.
• Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully achieve objectives
• Conduct periodic checks with donors to assess their “delight” with FAR’s efforts and prepare appropriate activity reports
• Prepare and deliver quarterly status reports to the FAR Executive Director and relevant Board members on all key activities and initiatives
• Provide “best practices” to Board members in order to keep them current as well as to enhance the individual Board member’s approach to fundraising.
• Build effective relationships at multiple levels within the Armenian diaspora to leverage the strategy and build awareness of our capabilities
• Travel as necessary to support donor and marketing activity • Periodic trips to NYC HQ, frequency to be agreed upon
• Support the Executive Director as needed
An individual who is passionate about Armenia and the mission of FAR and whose Armenian identity is foundational
10+ years of strategic and tactical experience with institutional marketing to include traditional channels as well as advanced social media as it relates to targeting and donor development
Strong development and execution experience with fundraising strategies and tactics
Ability to engage and market to all types of donors
Ability to solve problems and present conceptual information to all levels of internal management and potential donors
Strong computer skills with proficiency working with complex databases and tools; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge would be helpful
Advanced understanding of on-line and off-line fundraising tools with a solid understanding of design and visual content principles
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact with individuals at all levels, including the Board of Directors, Armenian Government officials, and leaders of the Armenian Church.
Organized, systematic and able to prioritize, schedule and perform complex tasks on time and with minimal supervision
Excellent relationship skills
Undergraduate degree is required, advanced degrees are helpful
A collaborative, action-oriented team player who can operate successfully across formal and informal reporting structures
Comfortable with ambiguity and able to perform effectively with limited detail while pursuing a specific business objective
Takes responsibility and is accountable for their results
A sense of urgency and the will to succeed
A creative problem solver who can view a problem strategically and effectively align solutions with the goals of the organization
Excellent business acumen, financial and analytical skills
Excellent planning and communication skills
Friendly, patient, and a good listener
Contributor to the positive work environment of a multicultural organization
Desire to learn, grow, and be coached
A nice person that just wants to do something great for Armenia and the Armenian People
The compensation range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000 per annum and is commensurate with experience. An attractive bene ts package is included.
For Consideration Please forward your background to:
Garnik Nanagoulian, Executive Director
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert