Senior Manager, Foundations and Corporate Partnerships
- The Synergos Institute
- New York, United States
- $75,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Membership, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Manager, Foundations and Corporate Partnerships
New York, NY Preferred Location/ Remote
Synergos is a global organization that has pioneered the use of bridging leadership, which builds trust and collaboration to solve complex problems. We have used this inclusive approach with partners around the world for 35 years to achieve extraordinary results meeting local and national needs.
Today, we help dismantle systems that create the most urgent problems of our time: poverty, social injustice, and climate change.
Synergos country/regional programs help identify and build collaborations that shift power and resources to communities directly affected by issues and bridging leaders within those communities. And we are helping our global network of philanthropists and other changemakers increase their own capacity to build trust and collaboration on issues of importance to them.About the Opportunity
Synergos seeks a Senior Manager, Foundations and Corporate Partnerships (“Senior Manager”) to lead fundraising activities from foundations, both private and corporate, as well as corporations to secure funding and develop partnerships from donors, both US and internationally, to support, sustain and expand our long-term programs.
The Senior Manager will identify new potential funders, manage a small portfolio of existing relationships, and support program colleagues with program specific donors. Specifically this will involve seeking funding and partnership building for our philanthropy network (known as The Global Philanthropists Circle) and other networks, as well as identifying and pursuing partnerships for our bridging leadership approach tackling complex and systemic problems in countries where we have staff and expertise.
The role will be 80% new business development, 20% stewardship of existing relationships.
Reporting directly to the Director, Development and Marketing (based in London), the Senior Manager will work with a small development team and will actively engage with Country Directors, Philanthropy, and various Program Leaders. They will represent Synergos and its mission, programs, and strategies in meetings with funders, thought leaders and other external stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
Strategic Business Development
- Create and implement a multi-year development plan for foundations to support the organization’s goals and business plans.
- Collaborate actively with the CEO, Board of Directors, Philanthropy, Country Directors, and Program Leads to appropriately leverage contacts and involvement to engage with foundation prospects, research funding prospects, identify connections to new funders and funding sources, and develop approaches to ask and build productive relationships.
- Research, identify, and build relationships with a range of grant opportunities to create a robust pipeline of support for Synergos’ key fundraising objectives.
Donor Stewardship and Administration
- Cultivate, solicit, and secure gifts and grants through principally private and corporate foundations, but also government and international development agencies where applicable.
- Compose clear, articulate grant proposals and documents that make a reasoned, compelling case supporting the requested contribution, including goals and expected outcomes.
- Collaborate with the development and communications teams to develop personalized communication and stewardship strategies to aid in donor solicitation and cultivation.
- Assure strong policies, practices, and systems for managing the portfolio of donors’ financial reporting, and compliance with donor rules and regulations in a manner that sustains donor confidence in Synergos.
The successful candidate will be a talented, creative, and entrepreneurial development professional with a strong understanding of and experience in the private and corporate foundation landscape. The Senior Manager will be a consummate relationship builder with the ability to match the appropriate funder to Synergos’ international portfolio of programs as well as help funders achieve their own philanthropic objectives and other mission critical goals. A candidate with international or institutional fundraising experience is required.
A strong candidate would bring/be:
- At least 5-7 years of experience working in the US and international non-profit sector in fundraising or revenue efforts with focused experience cultivating and soliciting foundations.
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing up to 7 figure funding commitments and large-scale foundation support.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising principles, high-level gift strategies, operational infrastructure, and philanthropic foundation community particularly those in the realm of international development.
- Outstanding written, listening, and spoken communication skills, demonstrated success in reaching across organization and geographic distances.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is engaging, resilient, and resourceful with the ability to adapt and thrive in an environment of ambiguity and evolution.
- A collaborative, honest, and authentic approach to working with internal and external colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of projects and programs.
- An interest in technology with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM strongly preferred. Knowledge of Monday.com useful.
- The highest standards of ethics, integrity, and values consistent with those of Synergos.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.Travel
Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.Compensation
$75K-$100K plus benefits depending on experience and geographical location.
Synergos offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, community service day and much more.Synergos Values
- We’re driven by purpose. We’re a values-driven organization that’s laser focused on improving lives around the world by building a trust.
- We value you. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- We’re a dynamic community. You’ll work with a diverse, dedicated, compassionate staff and innovative global networks of trust-builders.
Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
In addition, Synergos is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.Covid-19 Considerations
We value the safety of each staff member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. We require our staff members and key consultants to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert