Corporate and Labor Relations Manager
- Center for American Progress
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Apr 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Advocacy, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reports to: Senior Director, Institutional
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full time; Nonunion - Level 4
Work site: Hybrid (on-site two days per week, Washington, D.C., office)
Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving, the Corporate and Labor Relations Manager is an important member of the Development team and will help support American Progress’ Institutional Giving team. The Corporate and Labor Relations Manager will hold a portfolio of 100 to 150 corporate and labor prospects, targeting five- and six-figure prospects, principally to support American Progress’ Business Alliance. The ideal candidate will have significant experience as a front-line fundraiser, demonstrated success with corporate solicitations, and strong communication skills.
This position is ideal for a dynamic, results-driven, and well-organized development professional who is committed to a progressive policy agenda and to American Progress’ mission to improve the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country. In addition, this position will support the organization’s five crosscutting priorities:
- Building an economy for all
- Restoring social trust in democracy
- Advancing racial equity and justice
- Tackling climate change and environmental injustice
- Strengthening health
The Development team works with program staff at both the Center for American Progress, a 501(c)(3) organization, and the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization, to fundraise for support of American Progress’ priorities and bold progressive agenda.
- Secure corporate gifts at the five- and six-figure level.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 100 to 150 corporate donors and prospects.
- Work with the Communications department and the Events team to develop Business Alliance correspondence and events.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth-screening tools.
- Work with the Development team to align efforts and set goals.
- Create and implement moves management plans.
- Acknowledge corporate donors through public and private recognition.
- Track and report progress using specific metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience, including at least three years of front-line fundraising and working with corporate donors.
- Demonstrated success managing a five- and six-figure portfolio of corporate supporters.
- Demonstrated work experience and donor contacts in mission-aligned areas.
- A proven track record in fundraising from corporations.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability to develop alliances and coordinate shared interests of all parties.
- Excellent problem-solving skills designed to meet the challenges of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with considerable experience in writing and presenting information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to use data and CRM systems to set fundraising strategy and priorities, measure outcomes, and drive superior performance.
- Knowledge of various progressive philanthropic and political sectors including racial equity, rights, justice, international affairs, public health, education, or democracy is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and prospect research skills.
- Strong interpersonal, mediation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) regulations is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Support for American Progress’ mission and commitment to a broad progressive agenda.
American Progress offers a full and competitive benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is not represented by a union. The ideally qualified candidate’s salary starts at $75,000.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 and the levels of community spread and adjust plans as needed for in-office work. Any changes to our current hybrid work policy will be communicated at the time of hire. Updates will be posted on American Progress’ Jobs page.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert