- Global Impact Investing Network
- New York, United States
- $108,000.00 - $122,000.00
- Closing date
- May 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Other Fields, Public Broadcasting
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The GIIN is looking for a senior-level communications director responsible for overseeing all aspects of an organization's communication strategies. The role involves developing and implementing communication plans that effectively communicate the organization's objectives, key messages and branding to its stakeholders.
The communications director will report to the chief communications and marketing officer (CCMO). This position closely collaborates with internal departments and outside vendors.
Overview of Responsibilities
This goal of this role is to plan and execute content strategies related to the GIIN’s impact investing mission. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with the CCMO on strategic planning and budgeting for the communications team, including situational analysis, communications strategy, budget allocation and measurement and optimization recommendations.
- Direct a positioning and messaging refresh process in collaboration with the executive team to ensure timely review and development of a clear and compelling message to support the GIIN’s impact investing mission.
- Direct production of GIIN corporate content such as podcasts, newsletters, CEO opinion pieces, presentations, event panels and videos. Write wireframes, press releases, articles, opinion pieces, talking points and scripts.
- Ensure that GIIN content from all programmatic departments meets the highest standards of quality and effectiveness and supports the GIIN’s positioning and messaging strategy. Make sure content is clear, concise and factual, is aligned with AP style standards, and is well-designed and executed. Collaborate with programmatic team writers to improve their work and provide constructive feedback.
- Direct the GIIN’s media relations strategy and collaborate on execution to increase visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication efforts and adjust strategies as needed to ensure they align with the organization's objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor's or
master's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a
related field, and 7 to 10 more years in journalism,
communications, public relations or marketing communications in
roles of increasing responsibility. The candidate should have
strong leadership skills, excellent project management skills, and
be able to work well under pressure. Additionally, the candidate
should be creative, innovative, and strategic, with a deep
understanding of current trends in communication and
- Proven ability to develop a comprehensive communications strategy that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Media-professional level writing, editing and production skills with the ability to communicate, educate and influence a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative content initiatives that stand out.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and ability to connect with various stakeholders.
- Interest in impact investing or social and environmental issues.
- Ability to leverage applications such as Asana, Salesforce, Pardot, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite to improve content and processes.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States that does not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
- Commitment to equity and justice. Successful candidates will be aware that race, income, age, immigration status, sexual orientation, gender and gender expression, and other identities can play, and have historically played, a role in equity disparities, including within organizations. Successful candidates will be committed to continuous learning about diversity, equity, and inclusion and how to manifest these principles in the workplace.
Location: This position will be based in our New York City office with significant remote work flexibility offered through the GIIN's hybrid in-person / remote work model.
Compensation: The GIIN is committed to pay equity. Salary offers are determined based on experience and qualifications. Salary for this position is between $108,000- $122,000, with an excellent benefits package.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Communications Director_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should be aware that all NYC-based staff must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by GIIN Human Resources.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert