Development Director for Independent Waldorf School in Portland
- Portland Waldorf School
- Oregon, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- May 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Community Outreach, Managing Volunteers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Portland Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a full-time Development Director beginning June 1, 2023. The Development Director works in collaboration with faculty and staff to create and execute a strategy that fosters a culture of philanthropy at Portland Waldorf School and supports the growth of our Mission. The Development Director encourages community engagement. They will coordinate community volunteers and manage our alumni relations program as a foundation for their principal responsibility of coordinating all PWS fundraising efforts, including building endowments, managing capital campaigns, running auctions and other fundraising events.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
- Fund development (annual support campaign and capital campaign)
- Community Engagement (alumni, volunteers, and event planning)
- Grant research and writing
- Reporting and committee work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and life experience
- Experience executing successful non-profit fundraising campaigns
- Excellent communication and proven community building skills
- Database management experience
- Occasional evening and weekend shifts
- Familiarity with Waldorf education
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve over 300 students from early childhood through grade twelve on a beautiful seven-acre campus. We offer a full Waldorf curriculum, including eurythmy, handwork, instrumental and choral music, blacksmithing and woodworking, drama, Spanish, Mandarin, games/movement, middle and high school athletics and a high school foreign exchange program.
Compensation and benefits are dependent upon experience and qualifications. Please send a brief one-page letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, including phone numbers and e-mail addresses to email@example.com.
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. We are seeking individuals who are committed to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert