Vice President, GiveGreen
- League of Conservation Voters
- District of Columbia, United States
- $125,000.00 - $170,000.00
- Closing date
- May 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Development
Positions Reporting to this Position: GiveGreen Program Director, GiveGreen Events Coordinator, Give Green Manager of Marketing
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 15%
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: M-IV
Salary Range (depending on experience): $125,000-$170,000
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
GiveGreen is a project of LCV Victory Fund and NRDC Action Votes. GiveGreen offers political donors a powerful, easy, and strategic way to support environmental candidates and accelerate action on climate change. The program has raised over $100 million since its inception, including over $44 million raised in the 2020 election cycle.
LCV is hiring a Vice President, GiveGreen who will lead the GiveGreen program to achieve its goals of elevating climate champions to elected office through direct fundraising support and building power to ensure federal and state policy action on climate and environmental justice. The Vice President, GiveGreen will work closely with the staff from the two partner organizations and the GiveGreen Advisory Committee to develop strategic goals and objectives for the program. This position is responsible for the implementation and day-to-day management of all aspects of the program and leading its team of staff and vendors.
- Working closely with the GiveGreen program team, develop and oversee overall GiveGreen cycle goals: political, fundraising and web and infrastructure.
- Drive vision and strategy to strengthen GiveGreen platform including user experience, data integration and ongoing development.
- Support current GiveGreen partners and build and cultivate new partnerships in the environmental and funder communities to expand use and engagement of the GiveGreen platform.
- Develop fundraising goals and work closely with the fundraising team to innovate and grow the fundraising programs and donor support of GiveGreen candidates.
- Ensure GiveGreen’s commitment to racial justice and equity is effectively communicated to all audiences.
- Convene and lead regular meetings with the Advisory Committee and regularly share progress updates on the execution of goals.
- Prioritize donor satisfaction with the platform and oversee the team that manages the day to day functioning of the website.
- Supervise the team that executes direct marketing efforts to broaden the platform’s reach and donor engagement including email, mail, digital ads, and other strategies.
- Ensure the GiveGreen brand and overall marketing and communications strategy is used consistently, and direct marketing efforts reflect a commitment to advancing climate policy, dismantling racism, and strengthening democracy.
- Working closely with the political team to evaluate and identify priority candidates, ensure candidates are evaluated through a racial justice and equity lens that aligns with the Advisory Committee’s climate and environmental policy advancement goals.
- Work closely with legal counsel and compliance staff to make sure all fundraising activities and communications meet compliance requirements.
- Oversee program expense budget, negotiate contracts, and hold vendors accountable to deliverables.
- Provide leadership, regular feedback and coaching to the GiveGreen program staff.
- Foster a high-functioning and aligned team grounded in anti-racist team commitments and values.
- Travel up to 15% for GiveGreen events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed, including 5-10 multi-day trips per year to Washington, DC for event preparation and meetings with staff or stakeholders.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 10 years of strategic program planning and implementation, project management, or fundraising experience, including demonstrated ability to work with a governing committee, coalition or other key stakeholders and implement metric-driven campaigns; at least two cycles of electoral fundraising experience. Significant demonstrated supervisory experience successfully managing high performing teams. Must have demonstrated experience prioritizing projects, resolving issues, and accomplishing goals. Preferred – Experience with online fundraising and direct marketing, and FEC compliance. Experience in web development, data management, and analytics.
- Skills: Proven leadership skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, high-pressure and often fast paced environment – balancing input while reacting quickly and efficiently and prioritizing projects. Ability to develop and lead teams to implement plans, must have ability to delegate and manage people and communicate effectively. Ability to lead on issues of racial justice and equity. Must be well-organized and attentive to details. Strong writing, communication, and listening skills. Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with different personalities. Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Must have an interest in political fundraising and shares our commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the US and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners/elected representatives/major donors and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP, GiveGreen” in the subject line by May 21, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert